cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Switching from SKY Q

Hi

I am thinking of moving from SKY Q to BT, TV and Broadband.  Anyone moved from SKY? What is the Broadband like compared to SKY? 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Switching from SKY Q

Hi @swansea_karl1975   Like for like exactly the same. BT and Sky use the same Openreach network.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

You could find the broadband better as BT don't throttle or impose any restrictions/limits. Sky are also suspected to run higher contention ratio's meaning you are more likely to hit network congestion at peak times.

Message 4 of 6

Having been with Sky within the last 12 months before moving back to BT, I would recommend the move.

WiFi seems to be much more stable, especially when playing my Xbox. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Personally i switched to bttv from sky after 16 years. Within 6 months i was back to sky.  All the while they use youview  i would not go near it so old fashioned . . Skys ul is so so much superior . . I am not saying i wouldnt move again but until they liven it up a bit im sticking with sky far superior. . And pricewise bt no cheaper for an inferior service. Broadband wise bt is no better just more expensive. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

I moved from BT FTTC to Sky Superfast FTTC over 9 weeks ago and speed im getting is much the same as it was when I was with BT 64mb/65mb.

I also had BT TV up until 15 months ago before I cancelled and moved to Now direct with discounts. Saving me a few pounds a month.

Wifi with BT was a little better then what im getting with Sky but not by that much.

0 Ratings