cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Switching to BT TV from Sky

Hi,

I am thinking of switching to BT TV from Sky and would like to know if I would be able to:

1. Record a series

2. Get and record a Sky Sports series

Also, do I need to have an aerial to watch live TV or is there a way to do this via my broadband connection?

Thanks,

Paul.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Switching to BT TV from Sky

Hello @PaulMcF ,

1. Yes

2. Yes

Although do note some of the other users on this forum have complained that the EPG is not managed by BT and it does seem that it is sometimes not correct and therefore some recordings can be missed or partial. It may therefore be less reliable than Sky. I haven't personally had this issue, but I don't have a lot of scheduled recurring recordings.

You only need an aerial to watch and record live freeview TV. The premium/subscription channels such as BT Sports and the Now TV channels (Sky Sports, Sky entertainment, Sky Cinema) are all delivered through broadband and work fine without an aerial.

Message 3 of 5

You'll need an aerial for initial setup though

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

@NigelB72wrote:

You'll need an aerial for initial setup though

I did not have an aerial installed at the time I set mine up and it all setup fine. It's the new BT TV Pro box, if that makes any difference. Maybe it doesn't need it on new boxes?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

An aerial isn't needed for setup, however not all of the apps will be installed - All4 is one that doesn't install unless an aerial is connected.