Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomswfc17
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

T2100 youview box - wifi provider - setup

Go to solution

Hello, i have just moved into my own house, my mum gave me her old bt youview box, model is T2100.

i cannot set it up without a wifi connection it seems, as i cant advance beyond that stage of setup, even to just use it as a freeview box. My internet provider is Now Tv. would i be able to connect my box to my router via ethernet cable just to get it to set up. i only want to use the freeview side of box and be able to record.

Thank you for your help.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 9

Re: T2100 youview box - wifi provider - setup

Go to solution

The T2100 isn't wi-fi capable, it's ethernet only. 

Not that it matters because you don't need a network connection for it to work as a Freeview box, all you need is power, an aerial and an HDMI connection from the box to to the TV

0 Ratings
tomswfc17
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you for your reply, the box wont let me watch freeview, its been factory reset so i think it needs a connection just to get it through the initial setup. if i get a ethernet cable from my now tv router and connect it into the box, will it work just to get it through the setup stage?

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Like I said, you don't need a network connection to use it on Freeview.

As you've reset it, you will need to make sure it's connected as I said in my last post, go into Settings and re-tune it

Edit. Is it displaying a message saying that it's trying to check for the latest software?

0 Ratings
tomswfc17
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

thumbnail.jpg

After the box has done its initial load up, it tells me to set up and brings this screen up and i cant get past it. No other option to access the setup to tune the box. None of the buttons on the remote do anything bar the arrows and ok button.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

All it's looking for is a network connection - any network connection so yes, just connect it to your Now TV router.

I seem to remember you can use the Back button  to get out of that screen but I could be wrong

tomswfc17
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Back button wont take me out of it. Okay thank you for your time and help, i shall purchase a ethernet cable and connect it to setup.

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

see

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/set-up/using-youview-without-internet/

If you are setting up your box for the first time, you will need an internet connection to complete the process.

0 Ratings
sjanes
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

having it connected to the internet has some advantages, other than software updates, you get a 7 day rewind on the guide and catch up with programs that you may have missed

0 Ratings