cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fazzaaaa
Message 1 of 3

TV Aerial Socket - Do i have the right sockets for the TV box before i cancel sky and move to BT?

Go to solution

Hi, long story short, i want to know if i have the right sockets in my flat for the wire from the BT TV box to plug into the socket in the wall that is connected to the communal aerial on the top of the block of flats i live in (flats were built 3-4 years ago)

I'm currently with Sky but i know they use different wires/sockets/connections (whatever it is) to BT.

All i want to know before i move from Sky to BT is if i have the right socket on my wall that will connect to the communal aerial on the roof (not a satellite dish) which will give me signal so i can pick up the TV channels.

Images are attached. Please someone help me, i've been on the phone and live chat and no one can seem to give me a yes or no answer.

Capture666.PNG

Capture777.PNG

The two wires plugged in are used for my Sky TV. I'm wondering if the socket on the bottom left is the one that will be used for the BT TV box? Can anyone let me know, thanks in advance. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
speedtrip
Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: TV Aerial Socket - Do i have the right sockets for the TV box before i cancel sky and move to BT

Go to solution
yes, the one clearly marked as TV ...... notice that its a push-fit ... if your Sky Box has a Coax cable to the TV, then that should be reuseable for passing the TV signal onward somewhere from the BT YV STB - altho you'll need a 2nd Coax cable to go from that socket you show to the BT YV box (and of course an HDMI cable to the TV, which should be included in your purchase ...)
Zombie
Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: TV Aerial Socket - Do i have the right sockets for the TV box before i cancel sky and move to BT

Go to solution

Yes that look like a normal tv aerial. Bt tv doesn't come with the aerial cable you need to buy one if you don't have one but they are very cheap. You might even want to buy 2 if you want to loop one aerial back from the bt tv box to the tv.

0 Ratings