Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Guppyfish1
Aspiring Expert
Message 31 of 58

Re: TV Box Sets & Movies Bolt On

Hi All,

So a couple of questions

on page 40 of the tarriff guide http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/assets/downloads/BT_PhoneTariff_Residential.pdf?s_cid...

What is BT TV now and why is it £7.50? What will it include?

What is TV replay and why is it an additional £5 extra. Is this the items from the extra channels? Or is this for non Youview subscribers? Are we going to be charged for recording?

Why is picturebox £5.10? I know it's not being offered to new subscribers but who would pay for it?

Thanks

GF

0 Ratings
carlj64
Aspiring Expert
Message 32 of 58

Don't forget the price guide has to cover all BT products and services, even withdrawn from new sale items. IIRC TV Replay used to be the catch-up players in the early Vision days.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 33 of 58

from BT's 2nd quarter results statement :-

We added 38,000 TV customers in the quarter. We continue to focus on strengthening our TV proposition and are excited to announce we have entered into a partnership with Netflix that will allow our customers to sign up for Netflix alongside our other products and services, with the added convenience of paying on one bill directly through BT.

0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 34 of 58

I wonder when it will be available, how much it will cost and if you will be able to stream Netflix in HD over DSL.

Also any news on BT Sport viewing figures and those who are paying for it etc?

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 35 of 58

The full statements aren't out yet and I am not sure they announce things in that much detail (BT obviously has massively more complex results than say a sky or talk talk because of the amount of products).

All it does say is the Premier audiences are up 45% and the ARPU (amount each customer spends) is up 7%, also consumer revenue is up 9% (BT TV/Sport services) with operating costs up 6%, so I guess after everything is paid out they have still gained 73 million in operating profit (up 26% on this time last year).

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 36 of 58

BT results are here

But they normally issue some slides which may give greater detail but those are normally released after the media presentation.

Stew

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 37 of 58

From the slides  -Invest for Growth - under TV and Content it says

BT Sport
– customer base continues to grow
– Premier League audience up c.45%
– BT Sport Extra red button launched
BT TV
– ‘Download to own’ going well
–  Netflix coming soon

and a general summary

Summary
Galvanising the business for a step change in customer service
Much more to go for on cost transformation
Investments continue to deliver across the business

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 38 of 58

So it sounds like all BT are going to do is allow you to pay the Netflix subscription through your BT bill. Seeing as I am already subscribing and in the 2 year existing customer price freeze that isn't going to happen.

So we are back to BT withdrawing a service I do use (Film and TV boxsets) and giving nothing back...well worth bringing Delia in for....

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 39 of 58

If its the same price, I agree. But until BT release the price we don't know.

Stew
0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 40 of 58

I'm the same as you scointer. I already use Nextflix and it looks like that has been said BT are to withdraw BT film and box set bolt on that I also use at times and give us Netflix.

This is OK for some but for others its nothing new from BT as you have said.

I been using BT Film and box set bolt on to watch the likes of Blue Bloods that is still not on Netflix.

Darren

0 Ratings