Guru
Message 41 of 58

Re: TV Box Sets & Movies Bolt On

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 42 of 58

Right so now I want some proper answers....I am still paying for TV and Film Bolt-on and we have been promised this will still be being added to as before.

Last month 'The Inbetweeners' was advertised as 'coming soon', then 'available now', but never was and has now amazingly disappeared without trace.

This month 'Greys Anatomy Series 10' was advertised as 'coming soon' and is now showing as 'available now' BUT surprise surprise it isn't...This is blatant false advertising and while you are still taking my money each month I want a truthful answer as to what is happening with this service.. 

I will notifiy a mod and expect a proper response before I escalate.

Thanks

IMG_20141101_200637.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 43 of 58

Well - Grey's Anatomy series 10 is listed on my Youview box -  you find it listed between series 1 and series 2 ... 

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 44 of 58

While I agree with your fustration at BT's lack of communication Grey's Anatomy Series 10 is available also on the Vision Box.

Stew
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 45 of 58

Ok is that my mistake I expected series 10 to be after series 9. I will look again, thanks guys...

Can you also tell me where I find the inbetweeners in the youview btplayer boxsets.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 46 of 58

I believe Inbetweeners - all 3 series are available from the 4OD player on Youview.

The BT Vision service if I recall correctly has a smaller set of 4OD channel  programmes advert free that are found in the BT on demand section as there is no separate player.

On Youview it is easy enough to use the Youview search box to identify where the on demand content is and you can select it directly and it will launch the correct player.

0 Ratings
pwwhitehead
Aspiring Expert
Message 47 of 58

BT are still a large lumbering dinosaur. We now have the situation where Film/TV box sets are a legacy product. Yet I can still view them on my BT Player as I now longer subscribe to this box set it states "Rent this show" or "Subscribe to this product". The Netflix add has launched on Youview I assume this will be used by BT for viewing Netflix so why the delay in launching this produce? It's obviously ready for general release! I'm now in the situation where I cannot order Film/TV products but they are visible and I cant order Netflix as BT are too slow to get there act together!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guppyfish1
Aspiring Expert
Message 48 of 58

Youview have put Netflix live. How long it will take for BT customers to get the update I don't know.

http://www.youview.com/news/2014/11/04/netflix-now-on-youview/

GF

0 Ratings
Redheadpeter
Aspiring Contributor
Message 49 of 58

It's obvious from the fact that I'm reviving this thread after a long delay that I don't use Movie rental in any shape or form very often.  I tried the free 30 day subscription to Netflix and thought it was dreadful (the movies I wanted to watch either weren't there or couldn't be found). I cancelled my Amazon Prime subscription because they decided to bundle the movie service.  I have enough of a problem keeping up with the stuff we have recorded from the ordinary channels (which we rarely watch in real time - never in real time in the case of channels with ads)

But we are off to Mexico soon and wanted to watch a movie called Frida. So I went into BT on demand and there it was, labelled Frida (Miramax). But it told me I had to subscribe and to go to bt.com/boltons.

I did that but could make no sense of it so called BT and a gentleman with an Indian acent told me all the movies are now on Netflix.  Having already used my free trial I had to subscribe and, what do you know, no sign of Frida on Netflix.  

Eventually I discovered that all those movies showning in the BT Library on the BT channel - don't exist.  That would be the same service they continue to advertise on their website I guess.  Doesn't exist.  And that they had cancelled the service before the software upgrade that would remove them.  And that the only option is rubbish Netflix.

Well obviously because I didn't use it much they haven't lost much money from me, and I eventually found someone who said they would repay the netflix subscription.  But it does seem they might be incapable of running the proverbial **bleep**-up in a brewery.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 50 of 58

By using the Youview search for Frida you would have been offered the option of watching it on the Sky Store for 99p

0 Ratings