cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
siteguru
Expert
Message 1 of 4

TV Essentials - Lost Eurosport

I've recently changed my TV package. I used to be on Entertainment Plus but changed to TV Essentials. This change has caused me to lose Eurosport 1 and 2. (Nothing was said about this during the call - I was told that sports would remain. I asked for Entertainment Starter but the CS rep said she couldn't switch me to that - it's only for new customers).

I cannot find anything that lists what channels are included with TV Essentials (plus Sport - I'm aware that's chargeable from next month). According to this page (under BT Infinity) then Eurosports 1 and 2 are included with Entertainment Starter ... as this is a cheaper plan than TV Essentials (normally £6 per month) why have I lost Eurosport 1 and 2 when switching to a more expensive plan than Entertainment Starter?

Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: TV Essentials - Lost Eurosport

I'll move this to the Youview subforum as although Eurosport is a sport channel it is not a BT Sport  channel as it currently is part of the Extra IPTV channels which are included in some of the BT TV packages. hopefully someone on that subforum will be able to address your question.

0 Ratings
BT TV Expert
BT TV Expert
Message 3 of 4

Hi @siteguru

The reason why Entertainment Starter is not available for you to order is because you have the Youview + box (which has recording functionality.

Entertainment Starter comes with a Zapper box which does not offer recording functions.

If you wish to downgrade this can be done, but would require the Youview + box to be returned and would cost £5 a month for the Starter Pack. The Customer Options Team 0800 800 150 would be able to advise the specfics for you.

Alternatively, if you were interested in going back onto Entertainment Plus I could take a look into what deals we can offer.

If you send me your telephone number via PM. I can take a look at your account and advise what we can offer to you.

Thank you,

Gemma P.

0 Ratings
siteguru
Expert
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for your reply. Just to correct an error ... I am well out of the initial Entertainment Plus contract therefore the YV+ box is mine .. it does not need to be returned. 🙂

PM will be sent in a mo.

Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
0 Ratings