cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blinkinhek
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

TV Package ... unable to access the channels

I have a BT Entertainment TV package which tells me that this is delivered as 'NOW Entertainment'. I don't often use it, and today noticed that when I selected one of the NOW Entertainment channels in the Youview Guide it came up with a message saying I do not have access to the channel.  Pressing the 'More Info' button took me to a completely blank BT TV page. This happens on all the NOW channels.  I checked on MyBT what TV Package I was on, and I should have access.

Has something changed that I am not aware of ?

TIA

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
blinkinhek
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: TV Package ... unable to access the channels

My od age must be getting to me .... reading a previous posting this referred to watching NOW without a need for remembering channel numbers.  Is this saying that you use an app rather than the Guide ( which is what I have always done up to now) ?

0 Ratings
blinkinhek
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Trying 'Guide' over the day, the Now channels started working .... so possibly needed me to make the attempt before it all set itself up?

The whole 'Now' experience so far has not been very clear or easy ... especially for us older users.

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

With all the subscription channels, when you first access the channels via the EPG they  sync with the BT servers to validate your subscription. This only normally takes a couple of seconds and under normal circumstances only needs to be done once. Sometimes when a new channel is added, it will need to validate that channel

blinkinhek
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thank you.