cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 47

Re: TV aerial to watch freeview ?

Things become very grey when employees are encouraged to trial new products before they're released ... so for some of those agents, it's possible that this is "now" for them. Also, helpdesks need to be briefed ready for product launches, and the no-go decision on this one wasn't made until VERY late (better to make it perfect, rather than launch and upset a few people on day 1).
Message 12 of 47

It would be good if the plans for delivery over the internet included the likes of ITV4 HD, which currently isn't available via Freeview.  Do we know if that's the case, or is this simply a like-for-like switchover?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 47

It would be good if it was but I think itv 2,3 and 4 HD are behind the Sky paywall. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 14 of 47

I have been told this is now live and active?
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 47

You've been told incorrectly @Anonymous - was this by someone on the helpdesk again?

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 16 of 47

Ok so 2 different sales advisors told me that it is now active and that it should give me the option to have channels via aerial or over broadband and was confident and said if it is not the case they would fit me a aerial for free. I have just spoken with someone from a different department relating to my ID and she said as its the new BT TV Pro box the channels will come over wifi also.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 47

Apologies for the misinformation @Anonymous - I'm trying to get the sales advisors urgently updated to stop this.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 18 of 47

So is this feature coming then or not?
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 47

Based on the information already being shared by the sales team, I don't think I'd get into trouble for saying it's definitely coming.

I can't comment on when though, or what channels will be available (which are all subject to individual contracts with all the different broadcasters, and are changing frequently).

Message 20 of 47

This is a good sign for the future. IMO the worst part of BT TV is messing around running an aerial to where the box would live so full IPTV (pending content contracts of course) would be a big improvement when all you would need to do is plug in some Cat6 or use Wifi.  Maybe even be able to run via apps rather than just boxes later on too

I am looking to change next year from Sky Q and this would be the big selling point for BT over directly buying NowTV and figuring out a distributed coax system for Freeview

I will keep an eye on the forums for info on this and thank you for enlightening people

0 Ratings