cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 13

TV app won't pair to the box - Like others it says I need to update the box

As others have posted, but there are no answers, trying to pair the app to the box produces an error code that BT doesn't recognise and a note saying I need to update the box. The box says it is fully up to date. There are a lot of us making the same complaint so BT needs to sort this out. Any tips on how to make it pair?

Thanks

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Pairing iPhone to BT TV box

Took delivery of BT TV box (Humix T4000) yesterday and am unable to pair BT TV App with it. Get error message AY182 stating I need to update software. Checked software and it is up to date. Have switched off Box at mains, reset Hub but still get message to update software. Any help appreciated.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Re: TV app won't pair to the box - Like others it says I need to update the box

Hi @JJ4 welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry that you are unable to get this working. Have you followed the steps for Pairing your BT TV box with the App if your device is Android? 

If you are still having trouble with setting it up what is the error code you are getting?

cheers
John

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

20200404_120713_resized.jpgHi John,

Thanks for replying. I've repeatedly followed the instructions and get the same message every time. On android the error code is GT182, on my old iPad it's AY182 and the BT error code page doesn't recognise either. I have 2 boxes as I bought a 2nd hand one when the first broke and then put a new hard drive in and repaired the first. Both say the software is fully up to date. Both get the same error codes. Thanks, JJ

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Hi @JJ4 thanks for posting back that information. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this problem.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Hi @JohnC2   

Like @JJ4   I have the same problem, it finds the box straight away, but then AY182. I will monitor this thread.

DTRT4000 87B08500
iPad Pro 13.4
iPhone XS 13.4
Smart Hub 2 (v0.17.01.12301) + Disc (0.16.00.07230)

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Yep. Same error for me, expect mine is AG182, presumably as I'm running the Android app.

I posted on the app store and got a very quick reply from the developers that they are aware that some boxes are incorrectly reporting that they don't support the new recording system and that they are investigating as a priority, so it would appear that they are at least aware of the issue.

Hopefully they can fix it quickly.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Thanks AleT

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 9 of 13

Re: Pairing iPhone to BT TV box

I’m having the same issue as well. 

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

One iPhone user says they can now pair to the TV box but my iPad 2 and Samsung Android phone still won't pair and still produce a window that says an update is needed. Error codes -  i code is AY182 Android code is GY182.

0 Ratings