Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Friday123
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

TV box return.

Go to solution

Hi,

I took a contract with BT for BB,TV and phone in , I think, February or March 2017 and if I remember correctly then at the end of that contract all of the equipment would become my property.
I specifically remember that as being one of the reasons why I chose to come to BT.

So due to the recent programme changes being made I decided to end my TV contract with BT and continue with just the BB and phone,I understood that because of the changes being made I could do that and not incur any penalty.

Today I received in the post a bag asking for the return of the tv box or charges would be made against me.

I have looked on the forums and I found this,

If you were supplied with your box before 13 Dec 2019 then no, you do not need to return it. If the date of supply was later than that then, yes you do

"You’ll be charged for keeping any equipment you received from BT on or after 13 December 2019. You have 60 days to return it – from the date you stop using it - before we charge."

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/how-to-return-and-recycle-your-bt-broadband-hub-and-bt-tv-box-fo

I would appreciate it if someone,a mod maybe, could tell me exactly what is happening here?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Les-Gibson
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: TV box return.

Go to solution

If you received the equipment before 13-Dec-2019 then No, you do not have to return it but BT have a legal obligation to offer a recycling facility

♪♪I don't work for BT, I offer my time and help for free. If you'd like to leave a kudo, you may do so by clicking the rating button below.♪♪ 😄
Friday123
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you Les.

So I can ignore the packing they sent me and the letter warning about charges and the like?

It would be nice if someone from BT could confirm that for me.

TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@Friday123 

This is becoming an increasing problem with users being told to return their Youview boxes unfortunately but rest assured you are quite OK to keep it and the BT mods on here have confirmed that numerous times.

Friday123
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Thank you Tim.
0 Ratings