Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TheRealBudski
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

TV extra app

Go to solution

Hi all

yesterday I tried playing video in the app and I got a pop up stating I need to purchase extra app at £5 a month. 

I do remember seeing somewhere that BT were writing or some customers about getting this free. Any idea what the criteria for getting it free is?

Thanks 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES
Message 2 of 10

Re: TV extra app

Go to solution

Hi @TheRealBudski

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

All BT TV customers get the BT TV app at no extra cost with their BT TV subscription.  BT TV app extra is available for £5 per month as a bolt on, on a 30 day rolling contract.

You can read about the differences between the BT TV app & app extra here > TV on the go with the BT TV app and online player <

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
TheRealBudski
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks for this. However I’m sure at some point it was stated that there was a category of subscribers that would get it free. 

Thanks

0 Ratings
jparnell82
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

@TheRealBudskiwrote:

Thanks for this. However I’m sure at some point it was stated that there was a category of subscribers that would get it free. 

Thanks

I agree, i got that impression from a previous post as well.

0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

I im also sure I heard the same somewhere and it was due those that are afected by the September prince rise. Unless BT have changed there minds.

Darren

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
0 Ratings
TheRealBudski
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution
Thanks.
Guess I’ll have to wait on that letter 👍
0 Ratings
dfel100
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
I recently recontractef with BT tv, byt would have been affected by the price rises, does that mean I will have to pay now?
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

@TheRealBudski wrote:

Hi all

yesterday I tried playing video in the app and I got a pop up stating I need to purchase extra app at £5 a month. 

I do remember seeing somewhere that BT were writing or some customers about getting this free. Any idea what the criteria for getting it free is?

Thanks 

Hi @TheRealBudski,

BT will start sending notifications out today to all BT TV customers who were effected by the recent price increase.  Once you get the notification you can follow the link contained in the email which will allow you to place an order for the TV app extra at no extra cost Smiley Happy

@dfel100 - Any customer who chose to re-contract their package because of the price increase will still get the notification allowing to to get the app for free.

Here are a few FAQ's that may help,

Who's eligible for the BT TV App Extra Free Offer?

• All BT TV customers who have been impacted by the latest price change (16th September 2018)

Who's not eligible for the BT TV App Extra Free Offer?  

1)      Any existing customers who aren't receiving a change to their TV price this year.

2)      Any new customers who joined after the prices were changed.

• The App Extra service is worth £5, which we have made available to price risen customers for free. As with all discounts, anyone who isn't eligible has to pay the standard price.

I’ve got an email from you to say I can get the BT TV App Extra for free – is this from BT?

• Yes it is!  You can click on the link in the email and follow 3 easy steps to log in to get this added to your account.  You will need your home telephone number and post code and the link is available until 5th November.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
TheRealBudski
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks very much for this. 

I cant remember if my TV price was amended when I recontracted, all I remember was a WTF at the broadband price.

lets wait and see

0 Ratings