cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LB8
Message 1 of 4

TV guide listings page now too dark to read programming

Hi, a few months ago my TV guide listings page changed appearance. It used to be that ALL the programmes listed (past, present & future) were a bright white & easy to read, now the only shows in bright white are the programmes that are shown at the current time, all the other shows (past or future) are a dark grey & not so easy to see. I can't imagine how those with partial vision cope. I contacted BT tv & the person I spoke to (after putting me on hold for ages) said that this was how it was supposed to look...funny considering TV guide never used to look this way up until recently. It's seems ridiculous to me that this is intentional & not a technical error. I would be grateful of any feedback on this. Many thanks
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: TV guide listings page now too dark to read programming

I suggest you consider under YouView > Settings >Accessibility & Language >Appearance

switching High Contrast Colours on

0 Ratings
LB8
Message 3 of 4

Great, many thank DG!

It's definitely much better, just wish this alteration didn't mean I had to have a black (& grey) & white screen. Can't have everything I guess!!

Thank you kindly 🙂
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

yes I thought that particular setting would make using the guide easier.

Not a great fan of the guide EPG in its present format myself ..I tend to use the Youview or BT TV apps on my Ipad for checking the programming  and the miniguide on the Youview box.

0 Ratings