cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Machado8
Message 1 of 27

TV guide pop up

Ive noticed there is a new feature where a pop up box appears with information when looking through the TV guide Is it possible to turn this off It covers up some of the TV guide and is really annoying, if I want info I'll press the info button!!
26 REPLIES
micky39
Beginner
Message 2 of 27

Re: TV guide pop up

Hey Machado8....totally agree...has anyone replied yet?
driving me to sky...only joking bt.
SillyOldCodger
Beginner
Message 3 of 27

Totally agree. Pop-up box obscures adjacent programme, especially if there are short programmes adjacent. Please, please remove or let me have the option of removing it myself. I am quite capable of using the 'info' button if I need to.

V_Meldrew
Expert
Message 4 of 27

I'll go along with that,  I too have found the not so cunningly concealed (i) button on my remote control and I'm not afraid to use it if I want more information about a programme. I neither want nor need to be bottle fed. Rant over

RocketMav
Message 5 of 27

BT TV Menu Guide

Has anyone noticed the recent (??) update to the Guide on BT TV, where is automatically gives you more information on a particular program?

Is it possible to enable/disable this feature?

HFW
Message 6 of 27

I agree.  It’s totally annoying.  Please BT remove it immediately. 

gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 27

TBH I do not find it that annoying. If I do not want it to obscure short programmes on the channel of interest I just move the focus to a couple of channels away. Handy for showing the end time of long running programmes such as the MotoGP coverage.  If anything I wish it would show the full programme synopsis as seen when you press Info rather than truncating at the first full stop (is that an unintended feature or, as us programmers call it, a bug?).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
ney
Expert
Message 8 of 27

My sisters T2000 Youview retail box has had the pop up in the Youview guide for well over a month now and shes got used to it. I got the update to my BT Youview 2100 box just over a week ago and im starting to slowly get used to it. Im still to get update to my BT Youview retail box.

Would like BT to bring the restart progtamme feature that retail boxes has for a BBC show so you dont have to press the red button everytime you want to restart a live BBC show if you have missed the start.

Darren

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 27

You can restart a live BBC programme on a Youview box if you go to watch it through iPlayer.

0 Ratings
micky39
Beginner
Message 10 of 27

totally agree with the Silly Old Codger...and I don't care what anybody says, it is very annoying...choice please-thank you. 

p.s. Victor I loves your post.