cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 19

TV guide wrong.

Getting really fed up with this now.(DTRT4000)

For over a week Sky One has not been showing the correct programming. I phoned CS they done a software reset which didn't affect my recordings which sorted it for a day. I am now back to the programmes which I want to record being  missing again. 

As for the number of times my series link fails is a joke. 

Any help would be greatfull.

Thanks.

Colin

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: TV guide wrong.

I've got the same issue. Programmes that I know are airing like The Flash aren't showing up in the guide or search. The weekend repeats showed up yesterday in search but not the guide itself, which let me set a series record, but now they've disappeared again. I've tried a retune, and a soft reset, but neither helped.

Some series links won't set at all, meaning you have to tag each individual episode, others set, but tgen cancel tgemse'ves after one recording. All on Sky One; Atlantic and Witness sd

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 19

Thanks for the reply. 

At least I'm not the only one. 

They need to get there finger out and get it sorted. 

Colin.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

Unfortunately this is a recurring issue and in my opinion is down to no one taking responsibility for ensure that the quality and accuracy of the EPG guide .

As BT TV customers you point out the issue to BT , but BT seem to consider that as the EPG is provided by Youview not BT and Youview maintain they are not responsible for the data that is provided by the broadcasters. As you know the original broadcasters own EPGs and guides on their own  and often other platforms appear to be maintained and updated far more quickly than those on BT TV  whose updates can occur days later if at all.  As one of the benefits of the BT TV Now Tv packages Is the ability to record content it is disappointing that the schedules are not being maintained with sufficient accuracy to enable customers to set their recordings.

Unless all the partners in this case BT , Youview and Now(Sky) up their game here this will continue.

Message 5 of 19

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the feedback on this, we know this is a problem for our customers and have been working with our partners on improving this for a while now.

The good news is improvements are on the way, we hope to have it live later in the summer and we’ll let you know when we do. In the meantime please keep letting us know where the problems are so that we can input individual fixes as and when we know about them. Please include the programme name, channel and schedule time where you can.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

It does seem that the supplier of the NOWTV programme details as very little interest in keeping them up to date. It seems it is only BT that have advance details going into days.

Similar with the non-Freeview channels which BT still carry.

As all other sources for NOWTV only have now and next information - it would seem they have little interest in keeping details updated beyong a single day.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 19

The Australia v France Rugby Union test series is wrong in the EPG. It's 10:55-13:00 tomorrow and Saturday on Sky Sports Action which is correct but it's titled as Rugby League which is incorrect.

There was also English Rugby League on Friday night on Sky Sports Arena that wasn't on the EPG. Highlights were scheduled when there was a live game on.

Sky Sports seems to have a tendency of being wrong in the EPG which can be a pain when trying to record anything.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Today the Sky Sports Cricket and  SkySports Main Event EPG  evening match  incorrectly described the match as the Women’s contest whereas it is in fact the men’s competition Superchargers v Fire.. Surely something can be done to improve the quality and accuracy of the EPG content.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 19

There also seems to be a drop off in  updating of the EPG when  live BT Sport programming overruns its original schedule time . Case in point tonight the LiVe ATP Tennis Croatia open semifinals on BT Sport 2 Hd .  this also affects the accuracy of the BT Sport app streams.

Good to have the  some ATP  tennis back on BT Sport just need the schedules and guide  to be maintained so that people know that it is on .

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 19

Any sign of a fix for this?

On Sky One today there is Women's Hundred from 3pm - 6:30pm and Men's Hundred from 6:30pm - 10pm yet on the BT TV EPG it is showing as The Simpsons, Futurama etc.

0 Ratings