cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomparker95
Message 1 of 5

TV installation

Hi, ordered BT Tv,Broadband and phone last month and got a installation date for today, the 15th. The broadband has been successfully installed along with the phone and all my equipment is here working.

I have installed the Youview box to the TV just to see what it's like and hooked it up to my router. When will the engineer for the TV arrive? I have been estimated 1-6 and no sign yet. Do they usually arrive later than the broadband/phone engineer?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Wheel_nut
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: TV installation

Why are you expecting an Engineer to come and install the YouView Box? Did you ask for and PAY for an Engineer assisted installation?

If you have plugged the YouView Box up as per the instructions then it should work once the service has been "actvated".
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
0 Ratings
tomparker95
Message 3 of 5

But what cable do I plug into the back of it? The bloke who installed the phone/broadband told us that the TV engineer will be coming today to install it. We were on Virgin Media previously and im assuming we don't use that cable as it is a diffreent provider

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 5

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

@tomparker95 wrote:

But what cable do I plug into the back of it? The bloke who installed the phone/broadband told us that the TV engineer will be coming today to install it. We were on Virgin Media previously and im assuming we don't use that cable as it is a diffreent provider

Apart from the power cable, there should be:-

The TV aerial cable,

An ethernet cable, with the other end plugged in to the Home Hub,

An HDMI cable to your TV.

Your Virgin Media cable won't work at all - YouView uses a normal TV aerial.

0 Ratings