cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

TV pro box quiet

Just upgrade the box from the old t2100 to the new pro box. 

Volume on old box was good at 32 on my system. This one it needs to be up nearer 60. Is there a fix for this? 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: TV pro box quiet

Short answer, no. The box does have it's own volume control so make sure that's at maximum.

BT are aware of of issues with surround sound that are supposedly under investigation. But the last update was some time ago, with no progress due to it being lower priority that other issues. I did ask if the low volume was also acknowledged as an issue but got no response.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Ok thank you. 

How do I make sure the box volume is at maximum please? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

The volume control on the remote should show a volume bar at the top of the screen. Not sure if pairing the remote to a TV changes that to control the TV volume.

My disparity to an Arcam amp via HDMI is that most sources are adequately loud at 35/100. The BT box need 42.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

I don't get that. Haven't paired the remote but it's all working with the TV any way. So the remote is just controlling the TV volume or my soundbar volume if it's on. I'll have to do some more research how to alter the box volume. 

Thanks again. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Try temporarily disabling whatever your TV manufacturer calls CEC & leaving the soundbar off.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

I found it in settings under the remote  and can change it to what it controls. Unfortunately box is up at 100 already. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

See my post #309:

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/BT-TV-Box-Pro-comments-questions/m-p/2210886#M64883

You may need to scroll as the link seems to go to the next post for some reason.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

We've just recently moved to BT and we're having the same issue. 

Bt pro box seems quiet coming through the surround sound, but when we switch the xbox on, we have to turn the sound down as its loud. Any updates on this? We have the box set up for surround sound but doesn't seem to make a difference. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Probably more chance of you winning the Lottery than this ever being resolved. I'm not sure that it's even formally acknowledged as an issue.

IIRC the last update on the general surround sound issues was that despite it supposedly being on the "to do" list for a couple of years, albeit at the very bottom, it had in fact been simply dismissed as user error & not even investigated.