Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 30

Re: TV reception!

Also worth checking your local transmitter status:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/check-for-transmitter-faults/#/undefined

Message 12 of 30

Also, depending where you are in the country, it's possible that high atmospheric pressure is the issue.

https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/service-updates/high-pressure-could-affect-reception-Southern-Englan...

Message 13 of 30

@BarryT33 

Before you order an attenuator have you actually checked the signal strength on the main TV channels?

You're looking for 100% quality and strength in the range of ,say, 80-93.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 30

I am getting the same issue. Perfect picture on TV but only 48% signal strength on BT TV. Odd as the TV is connected through the BT TV box. Will try an attenuator.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 30

@Devonboy 

An attenuator would not help in your case, its only any help if the signal level is showing 95% or above, and usually 100% (it cannot display an overload status).

TVs are designed to work over a very large signal range, and they can also tolerate higher error rates as most do not have to record the data stream.

Message 16 of 30

Thanks Keith, does that indicate a fault with the BT TV box?

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 30

Not really, you probably do not have a strong enough signal from your aerial.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 30

@Devonboy 

What level of strength & quality does your TV show?

It may seem odd but if your signal strength is very high it can actually overload the tuners and they then show a low strength figure. This isn't too likely in your case  but getting the TV's figures could clear this up.

Message 19 of 30

Guys.

I found the way to check signal strength, 63ish /100 ish (Ch 12 not 114) but alas, having already re-tuned and lost signals, can only get low quality, (not HD) so I'm rather hoping that the "high pressure" goes away and when I next re-tune they (HD channels) come back!!   I guess something may have happened to my account and my HD being turned off??        So I may check on that (only just thought that MAY be a reason...)

I took up (HD) with BT::      What's the deal with having to pay "extra" for HD reception?  When were NON HD TV's last made, quite some time back, I'm assuming.

I still never get a CHAT button on my BT homepage??

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 30

Sky and Virgin charge extra for HD but this shouldn't affect terrestrial channels on BT as they're broadcast via Freeview.

0 Ratings