cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 22

Re: TV signal weak or lost

Go to solution

Hi @zzzzak ,

Thanks for the post. Sorry for the delay in getting back. It sounds like things have improved at your side. Give it another few days and post back to let us know how you're getting on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
ken2222
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 22

Go to solution

i got a stonger signal  but i am still losing channels  and i got a tv booster tv aeral and the  signal stength this 100/perect and i still lost  channels like usa+1 freesport now 80  . i got a commune aerial i share with 5 off my neighbours in my flat the cancel will not let me have a out door aeria so i dont know what to do to get the channels i lost ?

0 Ratings
zzzzak
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 22

Go to solution

So far so good. It's been several days since we've lost our tv service - hopefully the 59 filter has done the trick.

I will continue to monitor the situation and will get back in touch if necessary, but in the meantime; thanks for all your help and support over this matter.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 22

Go to solution

@ken2222wrote:

i got a stonger signal  but i am still losing channels  and i got a tv booster tv aeral and the  signal stength this 100/perect and i still lost  channels like usa+1 freesport now 80  . i got a commune aerial i share with 5 off my neighbours in my flat the cancel will not let me have a out door aeria so i dont know what to do to get the channels i lost ?

@ken2222 

Sometimes having a high signal strength can be the problem as it was for the OP.

You mention a booster , well that might be boosting too much so for starters try to remove that from the feed to the Yoview box.

0 Ratings
Pee_jay87
Beginner
Message 15 of 22

Go to solution
Hi, sounds like the same issue as me. Where did you install the filter? Coax-box or aerial-coax?
0 Ratings
zzzzak
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 22

Go to solution

I've tried fitting a 59 filter and I've tried reducing the signal strength to about 85% using a variable attenuator, as suggested, but I'm still getting the same problem. Since BT sent me a new Youview box I keep losing service and have to reboot the topbox. This is happening every few days and is increasingly irritating. The loss of connection also means that the system doesn't record the programmes I've set up. 

0 Ratings
zzzzak
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 22

Go to solution

I've lost my TV service again! That's the second time this week. Clearly the issue has not been solved by reducing my signal strength.

I've tried everything that's been suggested and I'm still getting a unsatisfactory service. I feel that it's the new Youview box that's at fault.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 22

Go to solution

Hi @zzzzak welcome and thanks for the update. Sorry to hear things didn't stay working for long. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team so we can look into this further for you. 
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
zzzzak
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 22

Go to solution

Thanks @NeilO for your support with this issue.
My tv has been fine for the last couple of weeks but tonight when I switched on, it had lost service -- there was just the message saying that the signal was weak or lost.
I re-booted the Youview box and everything re-connected.
I've tried everything that's been suggested but nothing seems to have solved the problem.

0 Ratings
zzzzak
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 22

Go to solution

Still having problems . . .

I keep losing my TV service every few days. This has been going on for several months and is increasingly aggravating.

@NeilOdid think it was a problem with my Youview box.

0 Ratings