cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 21 of 29

Re: TV signal weak or lost

Go to solution

Hi @zzzzak I'm sorry for the delay replying I've not been in the office recently.  I've arranged for a replacement box to be sent and it will arrive in the next day or two. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 29

Go to solution
Thanks for that @NeilO
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 23 of 29

Go to solution

I had an issue where I could no longer receive terrestrial channels and even had a BT engineer visit twice. Installing an attenuator and reducing the signal strength was the holy grail which fixed the problem permanently. Previously my signal strength was 100% and lowering it made the box work reliably. 

Thanks for the help on resolving my issue. Maybe BT should be trained to recognise this issue themselves so that end users dont have to resort to trawling the internet for fixes ?

Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 24 of 29

Go to solution

Unless she is close to the transmitter then an indoor aerial is a waste of time. If she lives in a Freeview Light area then her only choice is a satellite dish. You can check which channels are available where she lives by using the postcode checker here:

https://www.freeview.co.uk/

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 25 of 29

Go to solution

We are having the same issue having only switched to BT TV from Sky on Friday - how do you do a maintenance mode full reset as we don't have any recordings as of yet just a box that cuts out every 3-4 seconds!

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 26 of 29

Go to solution

Could you be a little clearer of the issue you are having, picture, sound, terrestrial or Now TV channels?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 27 of 29

Go to solution

The picture piccolates as the signal fluctuates between 70-80 and then 0 for both quality and strength. This affects the sound too and is across all channels. I know it has been windy the last few days but it is quite today and the same thing is happening today but not quite as severly.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 28 of 29

Go to solution

You say all channels. Does that include the BT subscription channels?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 29 of 29

Go to solution

They are not as bad as the Freeview channels granted but I think it is a combination of the aerial and also the cable too but we have an engineer now booked in a couple of weeks so hopefully it can get resolved but thank you for replying. 

0 Ratings