cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Taking off recording programmes

Can anybody tell me how you can go about taking off programmes that are still recording on your bt box and you decide you don’t want to record them because they are clashing with a programme you want to record instead?   Tried doing the delete button and it doesn’t work.  It seems once you put a programme on automatic record  for the programme on bt box you can’t stop it or alter it.... We can only record 2 different stations at one time,and sometimes we change our mind in what we want to record for the second recording on the bt box! Pressing the delete button doesn’t work on our remote - the darned recording we don’t want STILL records even though you have changed your mind in what you want recorded and you have to watch a programne you don’t want to the end, whether you like it or not when you are recording 2 programmes at the same time..... Any suggestions folks?  

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: Taking off recording programmes

Press the Record button on the EPG for the recording you want to cancel

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Tried that,and still it will not work! It is a pain in the neck bt box sometimes....it is the inflexibility of the control of the bt box that drives me nuts.....
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 10

It used to be fine but I've got a feeling some of the new quirks are as a result of the NowTV integration. I'm finding that some of the series link tags are wrong so it records every all broadcasts of a show or both the HD and SD versions... I'd imagine Sky/NowTV are in charge of that though

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

I have never used Now tv on our bt box,in case they charge us for using it! I presume now it is free to use?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 10

NowTV is a subscription extra. You can either buy your passes direct from NowTV and only use the app or if you buy from BT, you get full EPG integration. 

If your issue is happening on Freeview channels, that EPG is operated by Youview I believe so the recording locks might be something that they've changed. There was a recent Firmware upgrade. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Thank you for replying. Will look into seeing if my bt box needs a new upgrade...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 10

I think that the upgrade may have put this feature on based on feedback from users accidentally deleting recordings... ☹️

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Thank you for your continued help.  We used to be with Sky for our box,but went with BT when we changed over because it was cheaper as a service,and Sky were completely a dead loss where their old customers were concerned.  They seemed to be only wanting to recruit new people to their sky box and not deal correctly with their old customers.  Trouble is like with all things,you get some better features with some servers - and worse ones with others!  We have found some things are better with BT compared to the basic package of sky,but definitely,Sky beat them on innovation and up to date operation of their programming!  For instance,Sky could record programmes automatically whether the programme you wanted to record started early or finished later than the original time of the recording maybe because of delay on the television station for whatever reason.  BT are woefully not doing this on their recording box,and time and again I  missed the end of a programme until I decided to record the next programme to the one I wanted the end of the programme I was recording on the same channel to get over this.  A problem solved where that was concerned,but BT should not be doing this in this technical age....not when other box  services do something about it and fix it and have a box service where this doesn’t happen when you record a programme.  

I expect the only thing I can do about recording 2 programmes is not put them in the planner until I am absolutely sure I want to record 2 programmes on 2 different stations on the television at the same time and not change my mind,which again,it isn’t satisfactory BT is it?  Thank you for all your help.  Ivy 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 10

Hi @Scouser1 

There are options to stop and/or delete recordings in progress on your BT TV Youview box from several places. It seems you have tried some and the recordings continue which is not normal behaviour.

in this scenario I would suggest  resetting the box  as described in

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/fix-a-problem/tv-boxes/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-tv-box-

There are a couple of maintenance mode recoveries that preserve your existing recordings   Modes 2 and 4. Either should suffice.

If the problems continue after the reset I suggest you repost on here with details of your box model and software version.

There is currently an issue with Sony Movies channel recordings of split movies on  Freeview channels 32/792 due to the channel provider’s data which would cause both simulcast broadcasts of this channel programmes to be recorded.

0 Ratings