cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hetster
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: TalkTalk youview+ box

i'm on xp / 7 / 8 (multiboot) butr my main OS i use is XP. i have internet explorer (rarely use only when i want microsoft products that insist i use IE to browse) i have firefox which is my main browser and i also have chrome which i use for odd 1 or 2 things and also use opera but only for testing cross paltform support for when i design a web page.

yes i have silverlight and i have removed and reinstalled and removed again and cleared the registry of all silverlight instances installed again the uninstalled and ran the fix it and reinstalled again all resulted in the same problem no stream just an error code relating to DRM.

i have set the clock to 24 hours i have also set the clock atomicaly via internet i have basicaly tried everything on every platform on every OS lol i really have given up as i can watch the football anyway via acestream / sopcast and then stream that to my TV via a media server to the ps3..

just goes to show BT wants to seem serious about football but ignores the little things. at least sky has a working web player. ios / android app. ps3 app, xbox app, smart tv app they basicaly have every base covered which makes for a good watch no matter where you are and watching on what. BT has decided that if you dont have infinity or a bt vision box then dont bother unless you want plenty of messing about. just an xbox or ps3 app would go a long way to helping with most of their problems with the web player

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 15

@hetster wrote:

i'm on xp / 7 / 8 (multiboot) butr my main OS i use is XP. i have internet explorer (rarely use only when i want microsoft products that insist i use IE to browse) i have firefox which is my main browser and i also have chrome which i use for odd 1 or 2 things and also use opera but only for testing cross paltform support for when i design a web page.

yes i have silverlight and i have removed and reinstalled and removed again and cleared the registry of all silverlight instances installed again the uninstalled and ran the fix it and reinstalled again all resulted in the same problem no stream just an error code relating to DRM.

i have set the clock to 24 hours i have also set the clock atomicaly via internet i have basicaly tried everything on every platform on every OS lol i really have given up as i can watch the football anyway via acestream / sopcast and then stream that to my TV via a media server to the ps3..

just goes to show BT wants to seem serious about football but ignores the little things. at least sky has a working web player. ios / android app. ps3 app, xbox app, smart tv app they basicaly have every base covered which makes for a good watch no matter where you are and watching on what. BT has decided that if you dont have infinity or a bt vision box then dont bother unless you want plenty of messing about. just an xbox or ps3 app would go a long way to helping with most of their problems with the web player

There was a posting somewhere else in the community forums about getting an earlier version of silverlight from somewhere and then stopping it automatically being upgraded. You'll need to search for this though.

What is the exact error message that you see with regard to DRM?

0 Ratings
johngardner42
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 15

Hi Hetster

I dual boot Windows 7 64 bit and Linux Mint 16.

I can get Windows 7 to run BT Sport with Firefox by doing the following:-

Via Control Panel uninstall Microsoft Silverlight. Search Google for Download for Silverlight 5.0.61118.0,and install this version.Using the Silverlight panel set not to update. Delete mspr.hds from /Program Data/Microsoft/PlayReady.

Now go to BT Sport web site and check it will now run.After each use of BT Sport delete the file mspr.hds.

Works for me, hope it works for you.

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 15

I run single boot Windows 7 64-bit and BT Sport works in:

IE 11 and Firefox 27.0.1

both with Silverlight 5.1.30214.0

It does seem more reliable in Firefox though and it only worked in IE11 when I set IE security to default level.

0 Ratings
johngardner42
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 15

Interesting!

I have read the Microsoft Silverlight system requirements thoroughly and discovered that IE9 is the recommended browser for Silverlight with Windows 7,although IE11 is apparently OK for Windows 7 (SP1).I downgraded my IE to version 9, and I can get BT Sport app. to run without problems. It also runs well on Firefox 28.

It seems Bt Sport and Silverlight together are a variable feast-but perhaps a roadside cafe rather than cordon bleau!

0 Ratings