cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vegasgo
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Talktalk boosts appearing on BT Youview box?

Hi, finally got connect to broadband today, having opted for the TV Entertainment pack with BT Sport via a youview box. I cannot find the channel anywhere in the guide for the BT Sport channels, but I can get them online. However all Sky Sports channels are showing when I thought you could only get 1 & 2. When I tried to subscribe to them through youview, it’s asking for my Talktalk password? I just don’t get it? I also paid £3 extra for the kids channels, but again it’s asking me to subscribe with Talktalk for £5??? Maybe my paid-for channels aren’t activated yet, but really puzzled over Talktalk showing up on BT. Thanks for listening.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Talktalk boosts appearing on BT Youview box?

welcome to the forum @vegasgo

Couple of questions -  are you using the Youview box that Bt supplied ?

Was Talktalk your previous broadband prtovider ?

Also did you connect up  the the Youview box before your BT broadband  was activated ?

0 Ratings
vegasgo
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

OK, food for thought here. I requested my existing phone number to be transferred to our new home from Virgin. This hasn't happened yet, I've got the previous owner's number, who had talktalk. I guess I have his talktalk TV setup as well. I am using a youview box BT supplied - broadband was activated first though. Been told my number won't change until the 29th Feb - will i then get my BT TV?

0 Ratings
vegasgo
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Just realised my activation date has been put back until the 29th (grr) - guess I'm using the old talktalk account that hasn't been disconnected yet.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

The indications are that the Youview box (its IP address and/or the ISP configuration) are being interpreted by Youview as being on a TalkTalk connection and Youview has loaded the TalkTalk player and a range of channels that are available (albeit) with subscription on the TalkTalk service.

If you have a look at

Youview > Settings > System Information > Software Versions

what is the ISP configuration set to ?

It could be worth doing a software update

Youview > Settings > Device Management > Software Update

If the software update attempt has no effect it may be worth trying again tomorrow again.

0 Ratings
vegasgo
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

I tried to redo the software but it said I already have the up to date version.

I do think my broadband/tv is running off the non-as-yet disconnected talktalk service, so I hope this will remain active until BT finally officially connect me.

Thanks for all your help Guru.

0 Ratings