cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UncleM1ch4el
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

The Youview Offer?

Quick question i only started my BT infinity 2 in March this year but I have never had BT vision the tv service but I be able to get the Youview box for the £49 or will I have to pay full price?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: The Youview Offer?

Hi

just checked the bt.com website and all it says there is "

Great news! The YouView box (£6.95 delivery) from BT is included for new customers who take 12 month subscriptions to BT Vision Essential or BT Vision Unlimited package and either BT Infinity or BT Broadband. You'll just need to pay a £49 activation fee which includes optional 'powerline adaptors' to make it easy to set the box up yourself, but if you want one of our Engineers to set it up for you, this will cost an additional £35 (but with no delivery fee).

Existing BT Vision customers can get a YouView box for the same price - £49 for the box (£6.95 delivery but no activation charge) - by renewing their BT Vision and their BT Infinity or BT Broadband contract.

BT is proud to offer our customers the Humax DTR-T1000 YouView box, worth £299 from retailers, which has received excellent reviews over the last couple of months."

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
UncleM1ch4el
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thx Devon Dave for the quick response i had read that part on the website as well but i did not think it was 100% clear.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

Well I'm confused as to the offer as there potentially  seems to be a two tier priciing for existing BT Vision subscribers

If I go to

http://www.youview.bt.com/

Under Your Questions Answered:

How much will a YouView box from BT cost?

Great news! The YouView box (£6.95 delivery) from BT is included for new customers who take 12 month subscriptions to BT Vision Essential or BT Vision Unlimited package and either BT Infinity or BT Broadband. You'll just need to pay a £49 activation fee which includes optional 'powerline adaptors' to make it easy to set the box up yourself, but if you want one of our Engineers to set it up for you, this will cost an additional £35 (but with no delivery fee).

Existing BT Vision customers can get a YouView box for the same price - £49 for the box (£6.95 delivery but no activation charge) - by renewing their BT Vision and their BT Infinity or BT Broadband contract.

Under the Legal stuff at the bottom of the same page:

New customers
Delivery and activation charges apply.
To get BT Vision on YouView you'll need to sign up to BT Total Broadband or BT Infinity with an 18 month minimum term and BT Vision with a 12 month minimum term. You'll also need a fast-enough line, a BT Home Hub (included if you haven't already been given one). Quality of content depends on local transmitter, suitable rooftop aerial and availability of digital channels (www.youview.com). We'll charge you £6.95 for delivery, a £49 activation fee and for some On Demand content. The YouView logo is a registered trade mark owned by YouView TV Limited and used under licence. Terms apply. BT customers must pre-register at www.bt.com/youview by 16 October 2012. BT employees are not eligible to pre-register. Films cost extra.

Existing customers
BT customers must pre-register by 18 October 2012.
Delivery charge applies.
To move your BT Vision service onto a YouView box for £49, you'll need to be out of your minimum term contract and take out a new 18 month contract for BT Total Broadband or BT Infinity and a new 12 month contract for BT Vision. Customers within their minimum term can purchase the You View box for £299. You'll still need a fast-enough line and a BT Home Hub (included if you haven't already been given one). Quality of content depends on local transmitter, suitable rooftop aerial and availability of digital channels (www.youview.com). We'll charge you £6.95 for delivery and for some On Demand content. The YouView logo is a registered trade mark owned by YouView TV Limited and used under licence. Terms apply. BT customers must pre-register at www.bt.com/youview by 16 October 2012. BT employees are not eligible to pre-register. Films cost extra.

masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

@zulu17

So they've changed it again! Interesting.

But they still haven't got it right.  Smiley LOL

"We'll charge you £6.95 for delivery and for some On Demand content."

And I see their now demanding an eighteen month contract not only for Infinity, but for BT BB too.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

think it stinks that you must take out an 18 month contract just to have tv for 12 months

it's looking less appealing everyday for current customers

0 Ratings