cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
digitaltvmad
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Thinking of giving up BT TV as it's not fit for purpose.

Just a month ago i reported trouble with my BT youview box and the blocking / freezing with the box putting up messages banner that signal is bad and code ipc2063 ...BT did reply to this and it took a few days to fix a network performance and for about 3 weeks i had a OK service. ....BUT I now having the same troubles on all the channels on BT. ....sadly I gone over all the rebooting to the Hub5 and the Box yesterday and still **bleep** viewing with so many breaking up in an hour and sometimes minutes that is worth me getting on the phone line again and go through all the trouble of reporting and in few weeks doing it all again? ?????
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Thinking of giving up BT TV as it's not fit for purpose.

Are the problems with the free view channels or the internet channels??
digitaltvmad
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Okay I have now phoned BT and told them the trouble and they was nice and helpful and done the same thing of testing the line and then phoning back to say that was ok just as the tests i done and then the hub5 reset then youview box switch off / power off at plug switch then 10 second wait to switch on then reboot and then checking out the channels then he said that he would send a text message and if i still have troubles to text back and someone will phone me after reading report to what has been done. So we see how long this last after this.....
0 Ratings
digitaltvmad
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

The trouble is always the internet channels that break up .....i have the odd breaking up with Freeview channels even with good in coming signal. .. is the box chips over heating? Or the hard drive with the software breaking up?
0 Ratings
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

Are you using powerline adaptors to connect to the Hub, or ethernet cable?

0 Ratings
digitaltvmad
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Cable only BT did send me a new one last time this happened to see if that would help ....
So why should I have the same troubles ??

It's can only be software on the hard drive or hardware of the box or .......
Could it be the copper line which has a loose part a long it's length and with weather conditions it gives me this troubles with signals or ???
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

Do a speed test at BT Speed test , could that's an issue.

0 Ratings