cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1 of 5

Thinking of maybe cancelling BTV

Although I would miss Eurosport. I thinking of cancelling my BT TV when contract is up later this year. As I find I watching Netflix and Amazon Prime Video a lot more than some of the channels via BT TV.

Would keep BT fibre. Even thought wifi in the house could do with signal strength being improved a little.

Not willing to pay the extra to get BT complete wifi.

Just want to try and cut down on cost per month in general and never got much of a discount last time when I renewed all of my BT contracts.

Darren

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Thinking of maybe cancelling BTV

Hi @ney 

It's would be worth your time calling the Loyalty team on 0800 800 150 to see if they can offer you a better deal. There are BTTV packages from as little as £5 per month which include EuroSport. They might even be able to offer you a discount on your broadband which would help cover the cost of BTTV.

Everyone thinks all BT want is new customers but with all the discounts, rewards cards and free gifts its very unlikely they make much profit from these customers. At the end of the day BT don't want to lose customers.

SP

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Great advice by spider pig. Speak to bt see what they can do - you might be surprised and be able to keep the channels you want.

certainly worth holding on to bt tv if you can - going to be an interesting year ahead with it.

Expert
Message 4 of 5

May give them a phone. 
Says online that my 18months contract for all my BT packages is not up till end of May.

With the BT price rises last time round my discount that I got last time and it was not much of a discount now looks even worse and with work now offering less overtime to some of its staff. I now need to think about making savings on my bills.

Darren

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

@ney 

BT will let you regrade your package with a new discount once you are into the last 90 days of your current contract so you don't have to wait until the end of May.

SP

0 Ratings