cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Thinking of moving from Sky tv to BT

I currently have Sky TV but an thinking of moving to BT TV. However, my Sky contract does not end until 3/2/22. What is the earliest I could make the move?

Thanks 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Thinking of moving from Sky tv to BT

Are you already a BT  Broadband customer and just considering taking up Bt Tv instead of Sky TV. Or are you looking at moving your broadband to BT from your existing ISP in order to have BT Tv ?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Existing BT customer for Broadband with Sky TV package

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

You'll need to wait for your Sky TV contract to end before moving to avoid cancellation fees I'd imagine,

Message 5 of 8

As you’re probably aware you would be committing yourself to a 24 month contract by signing up to BTTV and that would also mean that your broadband would renew for 24 months too. There’s no reason why you couldn’t sign up for the £6 deal that’s on at the moment actually, but it really depends what your reasons are for wanting to drop Sky and go for BTTV. I ditched Sky some time ago myself, but I’m sure that there are a few on here who’ve done it more recently and would be able to give their views on how they compare. It really depends what you want out of your tv subscription and how much you’re willing to pay.

Message 6 of 8

@Crofter10wrote:

I currently have Sky TV but an thinking of moving to BT TV. However, my Sky contract does not end until 3/2/22. What is the earliest I could make the move?

You can add BT TV whenever you like, some run with it and Sky to access BT Sport rather than on the Sky platforms.

If you want to swap, then remember that while your contract ends on the 3rd February, you still need to give 31 days' notice due to Sky billing you a month in advance, if you want a nice and tidy break. 

As for signing up to BT TV, I agree with @Brucemeister5, it's all about what you watch and how. Know that and the comparison is easier, especially as Sky are going to bombard you with offers to stay.

What I would point out in addition that needs thought based on the timing of your move, is that BT will not only lock you into a 2-year contract (broadband and TV), but they are also going to apply a built-in price rise in March every year, including one month after your new contracts start.

That increase is based on the Consumer Price Index Rate of inflation as published in January each year plus 3.9%. 

The current CPI 12-month rate is 9.9% and it may be more or less in January when the increase is worked out before being applied in March. 

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 7 of 8

@Crofter10 

I rang Sky yesterday quoting the cost of living and not being able to afford Sky. My contract also ends in February. They put me on Essential TV for £5 per month which is basically all the free to view channels with recording still available (the price was discounted from £15 normal price for Essentials). It's a rolling contract which means I can still give my 31 days notice in February to ditch the lot. The switch becomes effective immediately upon ordering. That frees you up to switch to BT TV with its flexible options for changing packages whenever you wish during your contract.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Only thing I dont like about BT is that if you renew one package they renew all your BT packages.

BTs offers do look good the now but price will jump in price once deal ends if you dont get another deal.

Also its only basic dealds BT seem to be offering.

0 Ratings