cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
varkanoid
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 8

To upgrade to UHD how can you bypass engineer install?

Go to solution

I`m getting a Panasonic TX-50DX750B UHD TV tomorrow. I have BT Youview with HH5 router. One Youview box is next to the router in the dining room and the other Youview box is in the lounge connected to my TV with ethernet cable running from this second box in the lounge to the HH5.

I've read the "engineer install" is for if the box is not near the router and to install cat5e cable. Well mine already has the cable I put it in myself and works fine. So how can I just get the box and the service for the lounge ?

This adds another quandry as if I click on the upgrade now for the UHD package it checks my line and says in order to get BT UHD I need my box upgrading but doesnt give me the option to get this only stay on my existing package. Its like the order system is foobar.

Its not my Infinity 2 connection preventing it I get 65/18 !

So a long standing customer who wants a new service cant get it at the first attempt. BT obviously dont want me to have UHD.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
nickmorc
Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: To upgrade to UHD how can you bypass engineer install?

Go to solution

I too had the same issue, but went ahead with engineer.

To be fair he was very good and tidied up some of wiring when he was here.

Strangly the UHD didnt work and he went on his way saying that it might work later.

However, after all that the UHD part had never worked correctly due to software issue between the Tv and UHD Box. :smileysad:

Now waiting on an update from BT as to what can be done.

0 Ratings
varkanoid
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

Re: To upgrade to UHD how can you bypass engineer install?

Go to solution

Problem is having to take time off just for an engineer to come is difficult and all they will do is look at my setup and go "yep thats fine" as he wont have to do anything yet I get charged £20.

Actually just seen this in their info

Do I need an engineer to install Ultra HD?

We recommend one of our engineers sorts it for you so you get the best quality Ultra HD service. Although if you don't use broadband extenders or powerlines adapters with your current BT TV service, we'll give you the option of installing your new YouView+ Ultra HD box yourself.

0 Ratings
varkanoid
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 8

Re: To upgrade to UHD how can you bypass engineer install? - Online Ordering Update !

Go to solution

Bit of an additional info.

Online it says its £15/month for Total Entertainment UHD Package. Unfortunately it wont let me order online the option isnt there but the text saying I can have it is !?

So I did an online chat, they couldnt do it for me so I rang up. They wanted to charge me £21 a month. When I said its £15/month on their website I was then told this is an online only order. I then said I cant order online.

So they have me another number to ring.

Just as an update, rang the other BT Options team number and I got the package for £15, no engineer install and offer of Ultra HD box free.

lukeaddison
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Re: To upgrade to UHD how can you bypass engineer install? - Online Ordering Update !

Go to solution
Do you happen to have the number you called to do this?
0 Ratings
varkanoid
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

not sure I wrote it down on my notepad at work.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @lukeaddison,

I believe @varkanoid spoke with our Customer Options Team. You can find their contact details below:

Customer Options Team

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
varkanoid
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

0800 022 3263

0 Ratings