cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wnmather
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Transfer recordings from old to new Youview box.

Go to solution

I have just had my Youview box replaced.  I have a number of recordings that I have yet to view.  How can I transfer these recordings to the new box before I have to send the old box back to BT

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: Transfer recordings from old to new Youview box.

Go to solution

You can't but you should be able to record onto a DVD recorder if you output via the scart.

0 Ratings
Wnmather
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

The old box still needs to be connected to the Internet to watch any of the recordings.  If you try to watch any of the "extra" channels it says there are too many boxes connected hence I would need to disconnect the new box from the internet first.  This could only be done when there is no programs scheduled for recording.  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

The boxes are designed not to allow you to transfer the recordings off to another device.  The only option is to record the analogue signal off the SCART socket as suggested above.  That is unless you want to take the hard disk out and fathom out what proprietary, non-standard format they use to store the recordings.

0 Ratings
Wnmather
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

I had considered swapping the hard drive from the old box to the new one but that would require me to break the security seals.  BT want the old box sent back or I could be charged. 

0 Ratings
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution
Correct you can't watch any "Extra" recordings with both boxes connected but you can watch Freeview ones.
0 Ratings
MB-RE001
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Has no one tried a HDMI Video capture device ?

******EDITED BT MOD******

Will not record encrypted programmes !

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

I don't think that would work either as the HDD is tied to it's own box by a security protocol. 

0 Ratings
Siamak
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Hi All,

I have a Humax youview with 500Gb HD and it is no longer under guarantee, so make the long story short, the HD is formated in Linux with 7 or more partitions and all except one is cripted the one is not is the one with all the recording so you can copy all file in to a USB key ans wtahc them when ever you want to.

Good luck.

Sheers

Siamak

0 Ratings
john2018
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

I'm about to get new box.

Will connect it to another HDMI input on TV & transfer 'phone line & TV aerial to new box.

Should then be able watch old recordings on old box & record new stuff on new box.

Fingers crossed!

0 Ratings