cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dave909
Contributor
Message 11 of 13

Re: Transfer recordings from old to new Youview box.

Go to solution

So, are even Freeview channel recordings encrypted and unable to be transferred to another devices?.  I can understand to a point on preventing the easy transfer of recordings from subscription channels, but such licencing issues surely can't apply to Freeview channels seeing as many smart TV's that have Freeview built in also allow the recording onto USB sticks, so hardly a licencing issue as such.

0 Ratings
Keyinferno
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 13

Go to solution

@dave909 wrote:
So, are even Freeview channel recordings encrypted and unable to be transferred to another devices?.  I can understand to a point on preventing the easy transfer of recordings from subscription channels, but such licencing issues surely can't apply to Freeview channels seeing as many smart TV's that have Freeview built in also allow the recording onto USB sticks, so hardly a licencing issue as such.

No, Freeview HD channels are encrypted. In regard to recording from smart TV's - the device you record them onto is slaved to the TV you recorded them on. So when the TV goes pop, so do the recordings. 

0 Ratings
tonyp2
Message 13 of 13

Go to solution

thanks I.ve since been advised that  it is not possible cause the files are encrypted so it,s bye bye to "only TV programmes

0 Ratings