cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scouser1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Trying to find an answer....

I have an ANNOYING problem that is causing me to lose beginnings(sometimes) and ends of recorded programmes. I am finding that some programmes I have recorded on iplayer I miss the end of the programme. Does anybody know how you can alter the time that is showing on the television screen? We use the bt remote for both television and bt youview combined. I have tried finding it in settings on the remote,but shows nothing for this problem. Any help or info would be appreciated. Why bt don’t have automatic recognition for programmes starting and finishing for recording is beyond me! Thanks.
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Hunter2660
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Trying to find an answer....

The Youview box uses accurate record, whereby the Broadcaster should "send" the signal to wake up the box and record the programme you have set. It's convenient if the programme is delayed for any length of time so you shouldn't, in theory, miss any part of the programme. Unfortunately many channels are woeful in doing so, so you end up with part recordings. Despite many many complaints Youview seem intent on not allowing any sort of padding, so this is where we are stuck. The work around is to set to record the following programme, so you have your own "buffer", far from ideal though. 

PS Recording from i-player is impossible with Youview, as far as I know.

0 Ratings
Scouser1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Trying to find an answer....

Thanks for yr reply. Yes,as you can gather,I am not very techy savvy - it was my hubby who set up the bt on the main telly....Yes,it is mostly the crime & investigation channel that I am missing the ending of Homicide Hunter episodes too! Will probably end up recording the next prog like you suggest - it is the only way around the problem unfortunately... Why BT cannot have automatic starting/stopping when programmes are finally finished on the television I will never know - we used to be with Sky,and we never had this problem with them. I can remember there used to be a idea where recordings were recognised by an automatic numbers on the programme - which the timing in the recording machine recognised which stopped you missing start/endings of progs - particularly if the programme was delayed in starting. Why BT cannot have this on their system I don’t know! Thanks for yr help anyhows!
0 Ratings