Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
-Richie-
Expert
Message 11 of 22

Re: Tv aerial

Go to solution

As long as the aerial can get a decent signal the location doesn't matter, roof or loft will both be fine.

sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 22

Go to solution
I believe TSG supply them at a cost of £120 but ordered through BT can offer them at £60.
Are there any tech specifications for the best aerial that should be asked for?

Also if there's a room upstairs that has to have wired BT broadband, is the only way to achieve this is to have wired ethernet cable from the router hub straight to that room?
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 13 of 22

Go to solution

The half price aerial install is only when adding BTTV, after i don't think you can get the discount, worth asking though.

An aerial is an aerial, it just has to pick up the siganl, nothing fancy needed.

Youview boxes require an aerial and broadband connection for each box in use, wired either by an ethernet cable or using broadband connectors, also known as powerline adapters.

0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 22

Go to solution
Not sure that I fully understand this setup hence why I'm asking them to send an installer.
0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 22

Go to solution
Once virgin is ready though it'll be time to ditch BT.
0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 22

Go to solution
Getting confused now, what is a youview box?
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 22

Go to solution
I remember when BT TV first came out, with BT Sport, not the early Youview Platform.

Loads of Openreach Engineers were trained on plugging the STB in and were given Horizon Aerial Testers to check the Signal Strength of a customers Aerial. It was to stop people from worming their way out of their contract if their Aerial wasn’t up to standard.

In the end BT went down the Self Install Route or used Qube Communications to Install the STB’s instead.

Still got my Horizon Tester, brand new in the box and never been used. I couldn’t even remember how to use it even if I wanted.
0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 22

Go to solution
I saw an indoor aerial for sale yesterday in Sainsburys, looked unlike the outdoor type more indoor and wondered that as long as it had 3g and 4g blocking filters it would be fine?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 22

Go to solution

Unlikely, unless its one that is a normal one intended for fitting in a loft. You need a good signal, so unless you are within a couple of miles of the transmitter, an indoor aerial is unlikely to work.

0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 22

Go to solution
Would you say it's better to go with the aerial that TSG supply by asking BT to supply it?
0 Ratings