cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Captain_worm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Tv code for jvc

Just received my new BT TV and I am trying to get the remote to sync with my JVC lt40c550. None of the jvc codes work, I have tried the code for vestel and some of the other generic brands with no luck. Works fine on my sky hd+ remote!
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
cooperman
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: Tv code for jvc

These are the JVCcodes for the Humax boxes:

111, 036, 005, 129, 130, 015, 029 065, 072, 137, 149, 207, 264, 362 408, 496
0 Ratings
Captain_worm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Thanks for the reply - my remote takes a 4 char code so I’m not sure if these are for the right box??

Can’t be that difficult to fathom the code surely?? Sky and one for all can do it!

Is there a way of cycling through all the codes easily?
0 Ratings
HackneyMan
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

The BTTV remote code for a JVC TV is 2788. To use you must go through the following:-

1.      Hold down both the TV and TV AV buttons for at least three seconds until the blue light flashes three times

2.      Release the buttons and enter the four-digit code for your brand of TV. If the code works, the blue light will flash another three times

3.      Point your remote at your TV and hold the TV button until your TV turns off. This can take a while as your remote will try different codes for your brand of TV (the blue light will blink briefly each time it tries a new code)

4.      When your TV turns off, release the button, then test your remote by pressing TV to turn your TV back on, then Vol +, Vol - and TV AV

5.      Some TV’s will not respond to the TV button press to turn your TV back on. If you see a red light on your TV then you could try pressing OK or go back to step 4

6.      If everything's okay, press OK to confirm. The blue light will flash again and your remote will be programmed for your TV

7.      If it didn't work, start again from Step 4 and the remote control will continue to search from where you left off (or you may want to restart from Step 1 if you're not sure you entered the right code)

To reset your remote, hold down the AD, DELETE SUB and BT PLAYER buttons at the same time, until the blue light flashes three times.

Hopefully this helps

0 Ratings
Captain_worm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Thanks HackneyMan, unfortunately I’ve done all that and no such luck. I even tried 0000 the other night and sat with my finger on the tv off button for about 20 minutes while I assume it cycled through every code. It managed to switch off my sound bar, and even mute the tv but no such luck 😞 the only thing I achieved was a sore thumb!

So it looks like I am resigned to the fact it’s not going to work.

Rubbish!!
0 Ratings
HackneyMan
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Sorry that didn't work.

I've heard somewhere, not sure where, that the Mitsubishi code 2275 works with some JVC TV models.

You can find a full set of remote codes at http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42493

0 Ratings
Captain_worm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Still no joy - I think it is a lost cause!
0 Ratings
arnievicky
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

I had to try 2788 a few times before it worked. It will now change channels, volume and turn tv off but will not turn back on. The work around for turning TV on is go into system settings and enable CEC MODE. Then when you turn You view box on TV will auto switch on. 

if 2788 doesn’t work try 2811 or 0000.

i also noticed that resetting remote allowed me to Chang channels and volume but not switch tv on or off

0 Ratings
arnievicky
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Try 2811

0 Ratings
LiottaR
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Hi this worked great, thank you. My remote turns off the tv, mutes and adjusts the volume but it won’t turn the TV on again. Any ideas at all?
0 Ratings