cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Tv mini box

Go to solution

I already have bt tv with a pro box but can find no way of adding multi room and a bt mini box on-line.  How do you add one or more bt mini boxes to your current package?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Tv mini box

Go to solution

I believe that you have to call.

Note that you can only have one additional box & it's not really multi-room, as it can't access recordings on the Pro Box.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks rbz5416
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@rbz5416

Certainly is a multiroom box. The use of recordings shared across boxes does not define multiroom.

Multiroom is literally having the same service available in multiple rooms.

Before shared recordings were a thing, sky and virgin also called it multiroom. 😊

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

So I tried to order a mini box by phoning customer services and requested one be added to my current package.  Was told this could be done but when confirming the order the bt chap confirmed they would be sending me a 'recordable' box.  Possibly rather naively I advised him that the box couldn't record according to BT's own literature. He continue to insist it did and when I said he must be referring to a different box he put me on hold to check with his supervisor.   When he came back he confirmed he was correct but had omitted to tell me that I couldn't add it to my existing broadband package and that I would have to recontract for a further 24 months to be able to receive the box.  At this point I gave up and decided it wasn't worth the effort.  I don't recall seeing any mention anywhere by bt that to add a mini box to your package you have to recontact your broadband.!

0 Ratings