cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Tv remote volume buttons

I’ve only had BT TV for a couple of months but find the volume buttons on the tv remote don’t work very well. Im having to press very hard to increase or decrease the volume. Batteries are fine and I’m pointing the remote straight at the box. All other functions on the remote work well.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Tv remote volume buttons

If you are using the TV remote to change volume on the TV then you have to point the remote at the TV rather than at the box. Or am I reading your description of the problem wrong?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Apologies, should have been clearer. The sound comes through speakers via an AV receiver to which the BT box is attached.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

So which remote control is being pointed at which bit of equipment and which bit of equipment is expected to change volume?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

The BT remote is being pointed at the BT box. With my previous Sky setup pointing the remote at the Sky Q box altered the volume as the box was connected to the AV receiver - as is the BT box. When we changed provider, I simply replaced the Sky Q box with the BT box. All is fine save this volume issue.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Have you set up the BT remote control to change volume on the AV receiver?
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Er…. How do I do that? If you’d be so kind.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/getting-set-up/how-do-i-control-my-tv-with-my-bt-tv-remote-control-

This assumes there is a code for your AV receiver for you to enter.

I am not familiar with Sky set ups but I am guessing that you had someone in to install it for you and they set up the Sky remote to control your AV receiver as I would not expect it to be able to do that straight out of the box.  Unless someone knows different?

In the meantime all I can suggest is that you use the AV receiver's remote control to change volume.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Which BT box do you have? If it's the Pro Box then there are no codes or need to point the remote as it's bluetooth. I believe volume control of other devices is achieved via CEC over HDMI.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

I have the Pro Box. Excuse my lack of knowledge but what does 'achieved via CEC over HDMI' mean?

0 Ratings