cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Two BT pro recorders?

Go to solution

I'm new to BT TV I have just ordered the "Big Sport" package which comes with A BT pro recorder. As we couldn't order a recorder for our second smart TV my wife decided she didn't want BT TV and would have Freeview (we have an aerial) with a good PVR. The BT pro has a good capacity, can record up to four programmes and receives good reviews on Amazon so we ordered one. I have no wish to connect it to BT TV but am now worried that it will pick up the signal and cause an issue with BT. How can I avoid this?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Two BT pro recorders?

Go to solution

We’ve got two BT Pro tv boxes, one with a BTTV subscription and the other that we bought off eBay. We only have one BTTV subscription so we just use the other box to watch and record Freeview and to use the apps. The second box will pick up the same channels as the box with the subscription on if you connect it to your broadband, but you just nominate which box you want to watch your subscription channels on and just use the other box for everything else other than subscription channels and it works well for us. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Brucemeister5 thanks a lot for this. It sets my mind at rest.

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

To make your life easier @WestoningColin , go in and edit the channels in the TV guide and hide all of the channels (NOW etc.), that are delivered over broadband that you watch on your main box.

A BT TV box only usually starts asking questions when someone tries to watch an IP delivered channel and then it gets confused over which is the "master" box. 

This way it should operate nice and cleanly as a Freeview PVR and you can still access NOW content if you want to (assuming you have HD/Boost), using the app on the second box.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks Stereohaven