Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 1 of 5

UHD Box Software release 26.41.0

Hi Everyone,

A new software release will be rolled out to all our YouView+ UltraHD boxes.  The new software is aimed at improving stability and doesn't include any new user features.

As with all our software releases the roll-out will be done in stages.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
ProntoSofI
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: UHD Box Software release 26.41.0

I assume that this is what appeared on our privately purchased Humax DTR T2000 youview box yesterday morning.

Our menu screen, guide etc. is now emblazoned with BT TV Logos: What Cheek! We feel violated.

Though we have BT Broadband we do not subscribe to BT TV, do not want BT TV, have not authorised BT or anyone else to alter our privately purchased youview TV box in this manner whether by software, firmware or whatever. We would expect for this to be done without our consent would be an offence.

Pray tell me what gives BT the right to change us from youview to BT TV?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

No the update referred to on this thread relates to the BT Ultra Hd Youview box.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
DazzaS83
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Feel violated? Get a grip for goodness sake. It's just a software skin which can change depending onn your broadband provider. Does not mean your paying a subscription to bttv and using their services.
0 Ratings
MJH62
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

@ProntoSofI wrote:

I assume that this is what appeared on our privately purchased Humax DTR T2000 youview box yesterday morning.

Our menu screen, guide etc. is now emblazoned with BT TV Logos: What Cheek! We feel violated.

Though we have BT Broadband we do not subscribe to BT TV, do not want BT TV, have not authorised BT or anyone else to alter our privately purchased youview TV box in this manner whether by software, firmware or whatever. We would expect for this to be done without our consent would be an offence.

Pray tell me what gives BT the right to change us from youview to BT TV?

Posting exactly the same complaint on more that one thread won't get you any more sympathy than you are (not) getting elsewhere.

0 Ratings