cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

UHD Box locking up

Hi there. 

I've had a BT UHD Box for a few months now. At least once or twice a week it would lock up and not respond to any remote inputs or any physical button inputs on the top of the box. Removing power to the box is the only way to resolve the problem.

This has now become a twice daily problem. Today I came to the box to find there were no lights illuminated on the front of the box but could hear the box shut down when flicking the rocker switch for the power. 

Can the box be replaced as the full boot up sequence if very lengthy for my impatient 2 year old 😊

Thank you. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: UHD Box locking up

Hi @ChristopherN 

Have you tried using Maintenance Mode?

Follow these instructions , use a 'keep recordings' option. If that doesn't make a difference then call BT for a replacement, there should be no charge if you're in contract (possibly for delivery though).

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks @Andy005

I've completed a factory reset in maintenance mode tonight after the nipper had gone to bed so will keep an eye on the performance of the box.

If the problem still persists (the picture doesn't actually freeze, just the unit doesn't take any control inputs via either method) as an Openreach Ltd. employee do you know if I would still be best calling the BT consumer line or trying via the Employee Options team?

Thanks for your help so far. 

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 4 of 4

I've no idea with that I'm afraid @ChristopherN , my guess would be BT but that's just a guess. 

0 Ratings