cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nigel1974
Message 1 of 7

UHD You View & Hisense 55" TV 4K Ready

The picture quality on my Hisense 4K TV is no where near as good as I was expecting through the BT You View box.

On standard channels the picture quality is very poor but ok maybe that's how it will be. However when watching BT movies or iPlayer for example the picture quality is terrible. In addition when watching BT sport on its 4K UHD channel there is a distinct blurring effect on the screen when the picture moves left to right.

The problems are really apparent when the main colours are grey or blue, underwater scenes, foggy scenes and dark scenes make it look like there are loads of pixels etc.

I have tried calling Hisense with no joy, they blame the BT box. I have the BT box going into hdmi 2 1920 x 1080 50hz. When i connect it to the listed UHD hdmi (hdmi 4) the screen goes pink and white so doesn't work at all.

I am at a loss please help, i cant believe there isn't a solution to this.

Cheers

Nigel
Tags (4)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
bema
Beginner
Message 2 of 7

Re: UHD You View & Hisense 55" TV 4K Ready

Got a Hisense 49" TV and had the pink / white noise half screen problem a couple of weeks ago. Contacted BT via Live Chat and after a couple of days had an engineer appointment booked. Box was swapped and problem solved. SD, HD and UHD pictures are superb.

Hope this helps.

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 3 of 7

The TV you've bought are not known for their quality - bargain basement budget manufacturer.  It is possible there's a fault with the box but I wouldn't expect to see PQ on a par with the Sony's or Samsung's of this world either.

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

@Nigel1974 wrote:
The picture quality on my Hisense 4K TV is no where near as good as I was expecting through the BT You View box.

On standard channels the picture quality is very poor but ok maybe that's how it will be. However when watching BT movies or iPlayer for example the picture quality is terrible. In addition when watching BT sport on its 4K UHD channel there is a distinct blurring effect on the screen when the picture moves left to right.

The problems are really apparent when the main colours are grey or blue, underwater scenes, foggy scenes and dark scenes make it look like there are loads of pixels etc.

I have tried calling Hisense with no joy, they blame the BT box. I have the BT box going into hdmi 2 1920 x 1080 50hz. When i connect it to the listed UHD hdmi (hdmi 4) the screen goes pink and white so doesn't work at all.

I am at a loss please help, i cant believe there isn't a solution to this.

Cheers

Nigel

Hi. Is it possible that your TV has various picture 'enhancement' settings on for that HDMI port, many of which can make a picture look a lot worse. Probably worth taking a look at avforums.com and, assuming you have a Hisense 55K321 there are a lot of settings listed on that website that might help.

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 7

If you don't have this particular Hisense TV then settings for some other Hisense models are on youtube which might be worth a look.

0 Ratings
ukpetey
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Hisense or Nosense? Should have bought a Panasonic or Samsung! My BT YV looks stunning on my Samsung UE55KS7000

0 Ratings
PEMforumReg
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

I would also suggest checking the settings.  On my Samsung, the default picture settings were not too good, and did need some tweaking, especially with regards motion

You may also have to accept that a cheaper Tv is likely to come with lesser quality and motion is probably one of the areas affected in quality

0 Ratings