cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ryzun
Message 1 of 2

UHD YouView Box displaying random static and picture break up

Hi folks. So this is actually our 2nd YouView UHD box after the last ones HDD failed. Now, when we power the box up, it works fine most of the time with all of our channels. Lately however, the picture has been breaking up and pixelating, often accompanied by random bursts of static noise in different regions of the TV screen and audio dipping in and out.

I'm not sure where to go from here to be honest. I'm almost certain it's not an overheating issue as it tends to only happen when the box finishes booting up. Tried a lot of fixes online (hard resets, factory resets, the good old turn it off and on fix) a lot of time to no avail.

Does anyone else have this issue or at least HAD in the past? Also, does anyone how long has the UHD box been produced for commerically? As this may all be for nothing but a bug or some kind of tech problem that may go past resets.

Hope to hear from some of you guys and girls soon.

Cheers folks,
Ryzun
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: UHD YouView Box displaying random static and picture break up

Hi @Ryzun,

Welcome to the community forum. I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with your BT TV. When the picture breaks up, is this on all the channels or does it only affect the Extra Channels on BT TV? Is your UHD box connected to your hub using powerline adaptors?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings