Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gazm1990
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

UHD box vs. HD box

Hello

I have BT TV multiroom and have an Ultra HD box in my living room and a HD box in my bedroom. (I did want 2 UHD boxes but BT wouldn't provide me with this as it would "slow down the broadband too much" despite me have Infinity 3 FTTP!)

The UHD box in the living room is excellent but when I use the HD box in the bedroom I notice how laggy and unresponsive this box is when scrolling through the menus and programmes etc. compared to the UHD one.

Basically I am enquiring if this is normal or should the HD box be just as quick as the UHD one?

Regards
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
jam2000
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: UHD box vs. HD box

Shouldn't be slow or laggy. Have you tried rebooting?
0 Ratings
chrisdw
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

My parents have the standard HD box whereas I have the UHD one, and I've noticed their box is noticeably slower to use. I'd find it really frustrating. There are some slight interface/menu differences too.

0 Ratings
gazm1990
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Many thanks for the replies.

@jam2000 I have tried rebooting the box. I even did a factory reset earlier but it hasn't made a difference.

@chrisdw so it sounds like it's just how the HD box is and not that there's a fault with mine. You're right it is frustrating but I assume people who haven't experienced the smoothness of the UHD box don't know that the HD box is quite slow and jerky in comparison.

What do you think the chances are of BT letting me swap the HD box for a UHD one even if they won't let me watch the 4k channel on it?
0 Ratings