cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

UI suggestion

I suddenly realised why I have been having issues with pixellated/glitchy recordings and clashes (after having had to delete all my recordings and factory-reset the Box Pro).

It doesn't differentiate between later recordings I chose in order not to clash, and the ones I've already seen now put out on repeat. There should be a status in series flag (this has been seen up to this episode, keep all eps or discard those already watched). Instead, on Thursdays I avoid The Midwich Cuckoos on Sky in order to record Jonathan Creek on Drama, knowing I can pick up The Midwich Cuckoos on Sky Max at the weekend. But when I then set The Midwich Cuckoos on Sky Max to record at the weekend, it then resets it to record the episodes on Thursday  when I'm trying to avoid clashes. Sometimes I want the ability the Box Pro has to chase up "repeat from start" eps for a series even when the episodes are tucked in a random late slot. But most of the time I want the ability to pick up a series on the late-night repeats so I don't have to worry about programme clashes--but then I find that the programme I carefully set at the weekend is also popping up at the 9pm slot and clashing with the Freeview programme I chose for peak-time. 

What people actually want is to a) avoid recording repeats if they've already seen them,  b) know where they've got to in the storyline, and c) know that they can record new series at unsociable hours without having peak-time clashes. It would be pretty good to have an "archive" folder for locked files as well. 

I think what would work is an option for "record series always" set against "record series by name + time-slot". 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: UI suggestion

The info on series records comes from the broadcasters & not BT so they have no control over it

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

looking at schedules it doesn’t appear that The Midwich  Cuckoos early hours repeat showings are at consistent start  times each week. The more established prime time slots  eg 9/10pm generally have consistent start times in the guide.

With a BT Pro box  recording a Freeview Drama program and broadband delivered SKY MaX program shouldn’t result in a programming clash unless you are experiencing the ghost recording issue than some users have reported. 

Message 4 of 5

"Ghost recordings"--at least I know it's a thing now! I'll look up what other users have said
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I've noticed that the freeview channels respect the series link you choose, so if you set for a late night or plus one repeat it will always go for that one. However the streaming channels just go for the next available episode which can cause clashes. For instance on monday I had scheduled recordings for 9pm on bbc and channel 4,  but one didn't record as I'd also got a sky series link that should have been a late night repeat but instead recorded at 9. The box always seems to prioritise the streaming channels if there is a clash.

Series links from sky channels in general can be hit and miss, I had a link for 911, that ended up recording every broadcast of every episode. I've resorted to doing episode links updated weekly to avoid the clashes

0 Ratings