cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

UKTV Channels in BTTV IP mode

Is there any news on when UKTV channels might be available in IP mode on BTTV? I currently only use the BT box for the sport but my Sky deal is up for renewell and I would like to bin them but the lack on UKTV channels is a deal breaker. I know I can get them in aerial mode but then the poor Freeview SD channel quaility comes into play.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: UKTV Channels in BTTV IP mode

I agree, it’s the only thing missing at the moment for me.  

I do remember when IP channels were announced BT & UKTV could not reach a mutual deal.  Hopefully they’ll get round the table again to discuss now numbers have increased in internet mode. 

Message 3 of 12

Freeview channels are already available in IP mode on the BT TV Pro box but there is not yet a full complement. 

See Internet mode free to air channel guide | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

We mean UKTV as in Dave. W etc 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

I’ve just moved back to BTTV after many years (and a torrid year with Sky Glass) and have only done so because of internet mode (no tv aerial). It would be good to see these channels appear via internet mode, it’s a shame the UKTV Play app doesn’t allow you to watch the channels on the Box.

If you have an Apple TV you can watch the live stream in the UKTV app. Also looking forward to Discovery+ on BTTV so don’t need to flip back and forth.

Hope to see investment and progress as it becomes EETV!

MikeAlanR

Message 6 of 12

Many of the Freeview channels are NOT available when switched to IP mode.

UKTV channels are not there, neither are some of my favourites like Talking Pictures and That's TV.

@Les-Gibsonwrote:

Freeview channels are already available in IP mode on the BT TV Pro box but there is not yet a full complement. 

See Internet mode free to air channel guide | BT Help

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
Message 7 of 12

Hi @ozsat nor are 'Great Movies' (used to be Sony Movies), along with the restrcited recordings (2), it's a bit of a show stopper (no pun intended).

Message 8 of 12

Maybe they are waiting for the merger for BT TV to be completed with EE before they add new channels.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

I'm the same, I'm really missing the UKTv channels in IP mode. I can get the them through the TV itself but it's too clunky and too many button presses, changing AV etc. It would be great to just have them all in one place. If we could get those channels in IP mode , the service would be fantastic.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Ideally, IP mode should be an add on to provide channels in a better quality but with the Freeview channels still being available when there is no IP option.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.