Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 71 of 128

Re: UKTV Play stopped working completely

Go to solution

I keep trying to think of anything that I am doing differently but it must be the software - pity we can't roll back to an earlier version!

----
MB
----
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 72 of 128

Go to solution

Done Factory Reset yet again. 

Got to UKTVPlay and checked the favourites / My List, nothing in the first position.  Went to the right to "Things I have watched" and it crashed out with message that not connected to the Internet, after a pause back to the BT TV menu (or was it the last watched?), went to Apps the UK TVPLay and took me back to last channel lost i.e. back in fault mode.

History on the website shows just the Richardsons on History though never watched apart perhaps a few seconds of the opening screen but deleted it anyway.

Reset again and looked at "Things I've Watched" again, knowing it should be emptied, and crashed -

WHOOPS THERE'S BEEN AN ERROR 

can't connect to Internet

Error code: UKTV-03-G001

----
MB
----
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 73 of 128

Go to solution
Agree if users can’t work around the problem, which you don’t seem to be able, then surely BT/Youview/UKTV should be able to rollback to a stable release. Which should at least solve the problem over night.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 74 of 128

Go to solution

Curses!  Lost my broadband for a few minutes and when  restored, UKTV Play was lost again.

----
MB
----
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 75 of 128

Go to solution

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 76 of 128

Go to solution

Hi, I watch uktv play all the time and my disabled husband loves this app. It has not been working for nearly 1 week . I have tried many things but nothing helps.  Is it a BT problem or a uktv problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 77 of 128

Go to solution

There appears to be some sort of software problem with the YouView box but it is strange, mine has been faulty for several weeks - I first posted here nearly a month ago and that was after the fault had been on for a few days.

If you look at this thread, someone from BT has been looking into it along with YouView and UKTV Play.

----
MB
----
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 78 of 128

Go to solution

My UKTV App on BT Freeview box stopped working yesterday. It’s been fine up until then. All other apps working. Tried accessing it by the App and by selecting a UKTV Play programme. (Taskmaster). All failed. Symptoms are one of 3. 
1) goes through Loading into a black screen then hangs

2) goes through to the UKTV front screen, the “working wheel” appears but is frozen s a nd the whole thing is hung. 
3) it goes through Loading then goes back to where i started.

tried rebooting the box, powering off and restarting. Want to avoid factory reset if I can. 
How do I uninstall the UKTV App and reinstall? Or maybe reregister?

I’ve watched it ok on my iPhone. 

had a fix been worked out yet? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 79 of 128

Go to solution
As previously stated, you have to do a factory reset. Youview boxes do not have an option to reload or reset apps. Definitely a fault in the system.

Mine has been working fine for the last 4 days but I am keeping my history clear.

Also as posted previously, use the reset on the box, not by using the remote; this will give you the option to save recordings.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 80 of 128

Go to solution

Not known it last four days, I have to do a factory reset on any day that I want to look at UKTV Play - sometimes more than once.

----
MB
----
0 Ratings