Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 101 of 128

Re: UKTV Play stopped working completely

Go to solution

If you look at Gavin's post above, they have identified a fix and we are awaiting its rollout.

Highlighted
BT TV Expert
Message 102 of 128

Go to solution

Hi all,

Just to let you know the plan is to update the UKTV player tomorrow morning to resolve this issue.

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks
Gavin

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 103 of 128

Go to solution

Nice one.!

Thanks for the update.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 104 of 128

Go to solution

Do we need to do a Factory Reset for the update to work - presuming it was sent out (I meant to make a note of the version numbers last night but forgot!)

I just tried UKTV Play but the fault is still present

This is morning

----
MB
----
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 105 of 128

Go to solution

I don’t know anything about this particular fault and fix but IF  it is simply a UK Player update or a UK Player and Youview backend change then it will be probably be available after you do a soft reset of your Youview box ie the hold down the power button on the top the box for 8 seconds.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 106 of 128

Go to solution

Just tried the soft reset and still getting the same error. Gavin can you please let us know if the fix has been rolled

out and if so how do we get it working again. Thank you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
Message 107 of 128

Go to solution

Hi all,

The update was a UKTV app update only so will not be reflected in the software information screen on the set-top box.

The UKTV app was upgraded from version 3.1.4 to 3.1.5 - you can find the software version within the UKTV app by navigating in the menu to 'more' and 'about' and looking in the bottom right corner of the screen.

If your set-top box is currently in a state where you can not launch the app, you will need to perform a factory reset.

Following the factory reset the UKTV app version should be version 3.1.5 and you should not experience any further occurrences of this issue.

If you're still currently able to launch the UKTV app, you should see the version is now 3.1.5 and you should not experience this issue.

If you experience any issues once you have confirmed you are running version 3.1.5 of the UKTV app, please let me know.

Factory reset instructions are available here  - please ensure you select the option to keep recordings if this is required.

Thanks
Gavin

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 108 of 128

Go to solution

I thought it would need a reset but wanted to check first.

I was not sure if I had got the Factory Reset correct because it seemed to stop after the initial reset.  I waited a bit and switch on again.  All seemed to go OK and I checked I have 3.1.5

Running UKTV Play at the moment all right, will try it again several times to make sure still OK.

Fingers crossed!

----
MB
----
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 109 of 128

Go to solution

Hi again, 

Just carried out a factory reset (keep recordings option) and UKTV Play is working again. 🙂

It has successfully updated to 3.1.5 so all good.

Just a note of caution, the Factory Reset kept all my recordings but only kept a few of my Scheduled Programmes so I had to go in and reset them. Luckily I had made a note of my Scheduled Programmes so was easy to set them up again.

Thanks for your help Gavin much appreciated.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 110 of 128

Go to solution

Yep, working for me following a factory reset. 

Thanks to all involved! 

0 Ratings