Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
Message 111 of 128

Re: UKTV Play stopped working completely

Go to solution

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback, please let us know if you experience any further issues.

Thanks
Gavin

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 112 of 128

Go to solution

not working on mine.  I cannot use factory reset as there is no option to save recordings....... you must produce a backend solution that remotely changes my box overnight.  its also listed as a player not an app.....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 113 of 128

Go to solution

@jwacoles the factory reset (keeping recordings) is normally option 2 on the maintenance mode options for recordable Youview boxes.

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/fix-a-problem/tv-boxes/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-tv-box-

If you are using a non recordable box ie T2200 then as there are no recordings you will not see a (keeping recordings)  but you will have a factory reset option.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 114 of 128

Go to solution

Number 1 I obviously I do have a recoverable box otherwise I how would I be able to record. Don't  just just cut and paste without thinking. 

Number 2 it took me ages to work out that I had a new box and there was an on off button at the back. Probably never used it or once when I first got the box. 

Number 3 there is a picture of a black box with arrows pointing to a mass of black. That's not very helpful is it! Eventually blew the picture right up and saw it was my box top but having poor vision seeing that was very difficult. Why couldn't you have airbrushed the box white to show the buttons clearly

Number 4 I tried the buttons the box started and the problem was still there but the search button for programmes now has a keypad on screen so it has updated some features but not uktv play.

Number 5 the only screen i have is my tv screen other than where the red and blue buttons on the box appear. So i assumed you meant that would have writing appear. I pressed the down key and the words BT waking up appear. Pressing the down button just starts the box. So your instructions do not work as the buttons do not do what you say.

Number 6 I filled in a survey and it asked me what I wanted next so I said a pop up chat. No pop up chat appeared. 

Number 7 there is no save recordings on the tv menu. WHY? If you can update the box from the tv surely then it should replicate using the box controls. 

Number 8 you must be able to fix this either remotely or sending someone round and I can stay in another room to maintain social distancing. If you are unwilling you are in breach of contract and I will cancel my payment until you do. Now please explain in simple language to a very intelligent person but is not over tech savvy how to fix this. Remembering holding down the down arrow just turns the tv on. I am going to keep my recordings so you have to find a solution even if its bringing an empty box round and transferring my  disk into a new one. You can do it with phone data so no reason why you cant with my box. Still no reason not to fix remotely. Just take the channel off air if it is uktv fault until they provide a fix that can update your box remotely. If you do they will lose ad revenue and that might concentrate their minds. There is no reason why it should have gone wrong in the first place.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 115 of 128

Go to solution

I do agree that the instructions for entering Maintenance Mode are not clear. I followed them precisely, and my box failed to enter Maintenance Mode. I forget exactly what I did, but through guess work, diverging from the instructions, I managed to get into Maintenance Mode.

I also agree that a factory reset of the entire box shouldn't be necessary to fix an issue with one app. I would expect an individual app update to include the ability to correct or erase any corrupt data caused by a known bug in the previous version. At the very least, the user should have an option to reset all data for just a specific app, without resetting the entire box.

Just some hopefully constructive comments. Not moaning at all, and I'm really grateful to have the UKTV app back.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 116 of 128

Go to solution

Like most things with "computers" you have do things in exactly the right sequence.  I have had it fail to go into Maintenance Mode a few times and have had to start all over again.

But still working fine here.

----
MB
----
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 117 of 128

Go to solution

I saw on Twitter that there was an update to YouView last night.

JMB_0-1596642356790.png

----
MB
----
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 118 of 128

Go to solution

I am seeing a very similar effect again.

I noticed it a few days ago first and again tonight.

Apps > UKTV Play > screen blank then goes back to which ever channel I had been watching.

I will try a reset in the morning but wondering if anyone else having problems with UKTV Play?

----
MB
----
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 119 of 128

Go to solution

I have done a factory reset and I can now open UKTV PLay but when I try to run a programme, it tells me there is no Internet connection!

I will try again later and open a new topic if continues.

----
MB
----
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 120 of 128

Go to solution

Started a new thread.

----
MB