Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 14

Re: Ultra HD installation today - advice

@Nujol wrote:
Thanks folks, really impressed with your quick and supportive replies.

So I forced an update and BT Player is there and working this morning. But a bit surprising after 16 years with Sky where everything just works flawlessly, immediately.

Not been able to check the speed / connection however because the HD channels / 4K channels have a blank screen and if I wait long enough I get an error code IPC6011... Any thoughts on that please?

It feels as if either HD channels haven't been activated or there is some underlying problem eg the connection is not fast enough.

Thanks ago really appreciate the help 🙂

Error codes can be found at: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42491

You should take up the offer from the BT TV Expert to assist you.

0 Ratings
Nujol
Contributor
Message 12 of 14

Thanks I will take a look.

Unsurprisingly I did indeed contact the expert who offered to help by PM. Will check now for replies :).
0 Ratings
Nujol
Contributor
Message 13 of 14

Just to update this, I am receiving excellent help with this. Once BT Player was up and running I could get no service on IPTV HD / UHD and this has been put down to the failure to directly connect (old Powerline adaptors don't support "Multicast" which is why BT state a direct connection will be made....).

Now being sorted I hope by Lauren. All this because an engineer didn't do what the job specifically prescribes they will do! Aaaarrrgh!

Thanks all.
0 Ratings
Nujol
Contributor
Message 14 of 14

Hi all

I thought it would be fair to update this.

So Lauren who commented on this thread arranged for an engineer visit and the engineer did (fairly grumpily!) complete what should have been done in the UHD original install, that is make a proper direct gigabit connection between box and hub.

It now seems to work almost flawlessly, had a couple of niggles with the connection speed dropping but aside from that we are VERY impressed. Flicking between HD sports channels is a smidge slower than on Sky but not much, which is pretty incredible given that with Sky the signal is "always there" whereas this is being pumped down the phone line on demand.

Thanks Lauren and BT. Impressed with the resolution (although not the original lazy install). Now awaiting £100 MasterCard and £155 cashback - then we will be very happy!

Thanks all.
0 Ratings