cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modi
Message 1 of 7

Ultra hd box doesn't come out of standby

I hope somone here can help me as I'm losing patience fast with BT! I have had the Ultra HD box and broadband and phone line for about 3 weeks and the box has to be unplugged and then plugged back in to turn on. After 3 hours of phone calls I spoke to a helpful lady in customer sefvices who sent me a new box out I have set this up last night and watched tv fine but having tried this evening after work the new box has the same problem!! Does anyone have any ideas? Is this a common fault?
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Ultra hd box doesn't come out of standby

Before putting the box into standby try to ensure that you change to a Freeview channel rather than an ip channel.

See if that makes any difference.

Also are you using a UHD TV ?

0 Ratings
Modi
Message 3 of 7

Hi, it's noy a UHD tv and I don't have an aerial to connect the box to it's just connected to my bt hub.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

Well first thing to check is that the Hdmi output setting on your Youview box is compatible with the TV you are using. The default that the UHD box is set to is a UHD setting which would not be compatible with the TV and would not display appearing as a black screen. 

As for using the box with no aerial. Using it without an aerial is generally ok BUT the initial setup process involves some stages that involve checking eligibility for using some of the Youview players based upon where you receive your Freeview transmissions from. 

0 Ratings
Modi
Message 5 of 7

If I turn the box off and then back on it works fine and comes through fine to the tv but once I put it into standby and leave it over night in the morning it won't come out of standby it has to be turned off and back on again
0 Ratings
kingbob
Message 6 of 7

I spoke to an advisor yesterday that said it was a known issue that is being worked on.

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 7 of 7

This happened to me as well. Have only had box for a few days. 1 failed recording and had to hold power button. Not sure if it was left on an ip channel... Have set time out to 12 hours.

0 Ratings