Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
victoriah
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Unable to load subscription channels

Go to solution

Good day to you all,

I am posting in desperation, and as a last ditch attempt to sort out this problem before I leave BT altogether…

I took out a couple of sports packages on subscription with BT TV a couple of years ago for my son who is severely disabled and a sports fanatic. All was fine for 2 years, then a month ago we were suddenly unable to load the channels.

The subscription channels show in the TV guide, but do not show as being set up. When I press the OK button to load, I just get that endless rotating circle forever (I’ve even left it to load overnight to check I wasn’t being impatient). It just cannot load.

Here’s what I have tried so far:

• multiple factory resets
  • multiple software checks and upgrades
  • multiple line checks
  • 3 new Youview boxes
  • at least 5 hours of online chat and phone calls to BT
  • 2 engineers visits

Neither engineer were able to identify the problem. They both spent at least an hour checking the equipment and set up in the house, and both said all was ok.

Iplayer is fine, freeview channels are fine, wifi is fine. Just can’t load any subscription channels.

BT help have abandoned me, and and my son is very distressed without his sport.

I raised a complaint about 2 weeks ago, and all that seems to happen is the complaints department phone up a couple of times a week and say 'are your channels back?' when I say no, they have no response...

Please help.

Thank you,

Victoria
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Unable to load subscription channels

Go to solution

Hi @victoriah Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
victoriah
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you.

Have just emailed you.

V

0 Ratings
victoriah
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

UPDATE: problem now fixed!!

Thank you SO MUCH to Neil and to Andy who built a new platform for our subscription channels. They are all back and my son is thrilled.

Fantastic.

Thanks again,

V

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@victoriah That's great, I'm really glad it's sorted and once again I'm sorry this took longer than we would have liked to get fixed. Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
victoriah
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

No problem, Neil. Got there in the end!

V

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@victoriah I called there but missed you, I wanted to let you know that I've sorted out the refunds we discussed last week and arranged for returns packaging to be sent. I hope that's everything sorted now?

0 Ratings
victoriah
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Evening Neil...got your message just now. Thanks for sorting the refunds etc. All is fine now and domestic bliss has been resumed.

I really appreciate all the help I've had. You're a star!

V

0 Ratings