Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srpsrp
Expert
Message 1 of 12

Unable to set recordings from BT TV app

Go to solution

I have set up both my Android devices as per the device management settings and I was initially able to set recordings from at least one of my devices. Currently form either device when I had a recording it says it's been sent however the scheduled program never appears in the list. This is with all devices connected to my home wifi network.

I've looked through the troubleshooting page at http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42351

No joy though. I've not seen any menu option  to reboot the box are you just meant to power cycle it ? 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Caher
Contributor
Message 2 of 12

Re: Unable to set recordings from BT TV app

Go to solution
Same here. Have the app on my iPad and has not worked as yet.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

@srpsrp  Can I clarify whether you are using the BT TV (everywhere) App or the Youview (app) ?  Your thread title refers to the BT TV app yet you also reference the troubleshooting page for the diffeent Youview app.   The Youview app is a generally available app designed for all Youview Box users. The BT TV (TV Everywhere) app was developed  as part of the BT TV Everywhere package .

May be worth checking under Youview > Settings >Device Management > Mobile Devices  that you have the correct mobile device/app  connected. Sop if you are using both BT TV app and Youview app there would need to have the same mobile device connected twice once for each app. If you have it apparently set up corrrectly it would be worth doing a  disconnect device and the connect device again.

srpsrp
Expert
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Ahh ok I did see that there was another YouView app so I will give that a go and report back ! I just assumed I'd need the BT specific one ( made sense to me ?)

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

I've installed the YouView App on my Samsung 10.5 tab and re-registered with the box. Unfortunatly YouView app is hanging completely now, saying it can't contact the servers. Also installed on iPad which auto-connected to box but also hangs. Looks like there is some kind of connection problem currently or can other people use the App ok at the moment ?

I'll  add to that, YouView app seems to have locked up my iPad, first time that has ever happend! ( press home and power for 10s to force reboot)

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

The you view app now works, however programmes appear is 'pending' requests and don't seem to reliably get added to the box. I've had a more serious problem however, this morning the box was stuck on standby and had to be power cycled using power buttong on the top. 

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

I've spent over an hour chatting to the online chat and it appears that it's working now. I had not realised that it took so long to set recordings. Guess I'm used to Sky where they appear instantly !

Have been told to do a factory reset for the UHD box standby problem is it worth it ? They didn't know about any known issue

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

I believe the Youview box checks  the Youview servers every 15 minutes for   any app set recordings..

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

I have two Youview boxes, one retail and one ex-BT. I have great success using the app on one but I can't see how to set up the iPad for two boxes - even if they record the same programmes. Anyone done this?

Geoff

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

No you are limited to one  instance of the Youview app on the IPad paired to a single Youview Box.

If you have the BT TV (everywhere)  app as well as the Youview App both on the IPad you can pair each app to a different Youview box.

0 Ratings